• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Which guitars do you play more at home? Cheap? Expensive?

• Thread starter backstreets81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

backstreets81

Reaction score
Just curious....I have enough of both. I find my self picking up the cheaper ones (which I set up to play nicely) for practice rather than the Gibson LP's etc...
All the cheaper ones are out on stands/hangars, while most of the LP's and EVH's are in their cases.
I play weekly in a band and use my LP/EVH's but find myself playing the others at home because it's easier (probably not the right word) ???
I teach guitar at School of Rock and I beat it into my students heads to keep their guitars out and PLAY them !! Whenever you walk by, pick it up.
Keep it out of the case!!! They make more!!!!
Feel semi-hypocritical, but I think most of them have one guitar.
Anyway...I will take my $50 used Fender acoustic out on the dock and I don't care what I bang into or about the elements.
Didn't know if anyone had the same experience....

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually only play at home.
My favs are the SG 50th (probably my most valuable), Maestro Jr. (one of my cheapest) or the LP Tribute (middle ground price).
But if I'm taking something with me, it's Shorty & Spark.

PelliX

Reaction score
The only one I'm a bit careful with is my LP. That may wear off. Any other guitar is intended to be played. At home. Elsewhere. Lakeside. While holding beverages, etc. Being a Tele guy helps - I mean, they've got to be on the list of least destructable guitars. You can also use them to roll...

Last edited:

LiveeviL2000

Reaction score
If I were to guess, I play my Fender Showmaster most. It's comfortable to noodle around on when I'm watching TV or just working out a riff.
But honestly I think all of them get a good workout. Mostly depends on my mood and what style of music I want to play since I have some of them set up in different tunings.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Just curious....I have enough of both. I find my self picking up the cheaper ones (which I set up to play nicely) for practice rather than the Gibson LP's etc...
All the cheaper ones are out on stands/hangars, while most of the LP's and EVH's are in their cases.
I play weekly in a band and use my LP/EVH's but find myself playing the others at home because it's easier (probably not the right word) ???
I teach guitar at School of Rock and I beat it into my students heads to keep their guitars out and PLAY them !! Whenever you walk by, pick it up.
Keep it out of the case!!! They make more!!!!
Feel semi-hypocritical, but I think most of them have one guitar.
Anyway...I will take my $50 used Fender acoustic out on the dock and I don't care what I bang into or about the elements.
Didn't know if anyone had the same experience....
I keep several on stands, cheap and expensive, I enjoy playing all of them. :yesway:

lespaul339

Reaction score
To me it doesn't matter. A good guitar is a good guitar no matter what it cost. I play all of my guitars. Cheap and expensive ones. I've gotten rid of everything that just collected dust so that I would only have guitars that I play. That's why it's hard for me to justify buying anymore guitars because I'm afraid if I do that something else will just start collecting dust.