Which lead guitarist, not frontman, would you switch with?

• Thread starter TXOldRedRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a time killer for ya. If you were forced to change places with one lead guitarist, that is NOT the front man/woman of a band, who would it be? Let's rule out the Beatles, EVH, any solo artists, of course. This is strictly lead guitarist. An example would be Brian May (Queen), or Pete Townsend (The Who). Lastly, we're talking over all scope of a band. Some broke up for a while, got back together, all that. But the original, or longest lineup of a band.

I'll go first. I'm likely the only one to give this answer. My answer is Mick Ralphs. Spending most of my career along side Paul Rodgers, playing some of what I consider the best Classic Rock songs ever. Everyone has their own taste in music, this is mine.

GregM

Reaction score
If I could play a few years in all 3 bands he was in I'd say John McGeogh.
Magazine would be hell cool. A few years trying to get into Siouxsie's pants then skip the rehab part ( boring) and a few years playing with John Lyndon would be an eye opener.
I'd have to get alot better at playing but I'm sure I can get the alcoholic part down pretty quick :)

Redders

Reaction score
My answer is Mick Ralphs. Spending most of my career along side Paul Rodgers, playing some of what I consider the best Classic Rock songs ever. Everyone has their own taste in music, this is mine.

Frampton with Pie cause it would be so cool to play with Marriott.

First two posts are my exact choices, good choices gentlemen :cheers:

Gutch220

Reaction score
Change places NOW, or go back in time? And permanently, or just for a short period? For just in a band setting, or for extra-curricular activities as well?

dragonvalve

Reaction score
My answer is Mick Ralphs. Spending most of my career along side Paul Rodgers, playing some of what I consider the best Classic Rock songs ever. Everyone has their own taste in music, this is mine.

Let's include that Mick WROTE THOSE SONGS that catapulted BADCO to the universe. Moving On, Can't Get Enough besides playing those classic earthy rich solos!!!

dde1e1ba6d93e357dfb7792a6fbbb07c.jpg

I saw the band back in the early 70's. Yeah I still listen to BadCo!

Latest posts