Which lead guitarist, not frontman, would you switch with?

• Thread starter TXOldRedRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
1dbd70de5d0c31e586ec51705520b8ff.jpg

Lol.

Torren61

Reaction score
I'll play. My first pick would be Page. I would try to stay off heroin and just focus on the music and the fringe benefits. To play with three other legends would be amazing.

My second pick would be Brian May. Imagine being able to be in a band with Freddie Mercury. Plus, he's such a nice guy and can sing and write as well as being able to play as well as he does and have such a signature guitar and sound. PLUS, having a doctorate in astrophysics is pretty cool.

My third choice would be Þór Eldon. I think he may be the most underrated guitar player in whatever genre you want to put The Sugarcubes. He always plays just what the song calls for and nothing more. He was Björk's lover and she was pretty hot back then. She has to be one of the best female singers I can think of as far as her range and abilities. Check out how she moves around in her range and how she kinda grinds her vocals in this song.

Deftone

Reaction score
So you're asking who we would want to become? or Replace? If I like a guitarist, why would I want to replace them?

I don't want to be anyone else. If I have to pick someone and I can't pick EVH, maybe Viv Campbell? Not really into Def Leppard, tho.... Zakk Wylde? I guess he's a front man now....

If I'm replacing someone (and I had the talent), I think it would be Kirk Hammett or maybe I should say replacing Dave Mustaine. I'd have kept that band closer to it's roots, fired Lars and made sure Cliff was strapped in when the bus crashed. They needed Cliff, not Lars.

I'm kinda glad Dave got fired, I love Megadeth. Maybe I'd replace one of their many lead guitarists.

Adam Jones?
Jerry Cantrell?

speyfly

Reaction score
It would have to be Page, his music was etched into my DNA starting in 67 and was completed when I saw him live with his new band. the date was July 30th 1969, location, Terrace Ballroom, Salt Lake City, UT, I was 17. Very small venue with 300-400 people I would guess. They were the opening act for the Vanilla Fudge, blew the poor guys right off the stage. No other has inspired me more!

Sorry for the details, just had to say it.

Phony iommi

Reaction score
It would have to be Page, his music was etched into my DNA starting in 67 and was completed when I saw him live with his new band. the date was July 30th 1969, location, Terrace Ballroom, Salt Lake City, UT, I was 17. Very small venue with 300-400 people I would guess. They were the opening act for the Vanilla Fudge, blew the poor guys right off the stage. No other has inspired me more!

Sorry for the details, just had to say it.
You saw him in a 400 person venue when zeppelin 2 came out?
So awesome, I can only dream of that experience.
I am envious of you!

Latest posts