Who influenced you?

• Thread starter Supernova
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Led4thehed2

Reaction score
1. Hetfield- Kill 'Em All
2. Clark/Willis- High N' Dry
3. Smith/Murray- Piece of Mind

goodson

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely - one of my other old bands used to do "Fields of Fire" and "Chance" a few years ago. Ace stuff!

I'm the bloke on the far left.

poboys big country - chance.mp4 - YouTube

nice one.great tune.Stuart Adamson was a brilliant songwriter.Sadly missed. Met him years ago in Dunfermline.Our bass player worked with Bruce Watson, knows him well. Had a few beers with them once. Was sat with Tony Butler- i was starstruck-totally gushing. He was very humble saying he was no idol just an ordinary guy. Cracking night.:naughty:

Bubba po

Reaction score
nice one.great tune.Stuart Adamson was a brilliant songwriter.Sadly missed. Met him years ago in Dunfermline.Our bass player worked with Bruce Watson, knows him well. Had a few beers with them once. Was sat with Tony Butler- i was starstruck-totally gushing. He was very humble saying he was no idol just an ordinary guy. Cracking night.:naughty:

LOL - That's why I hate meeting my idols - you can never meet them on a level playing field - you're always at a disadvantage! :D Baz Warne walked in on our trib band rehearsal once, when we were in the middle of "Sometimes". He's big mates with the bassplayer. I proceeded to fuck up the solo.:lol: Lots of times I had opportunities to hang out but it's just not my thing.

Have you dug out that track yet? I'm always keen to hear people doing Stranglers covers. :)

goodson

Reaction score
Drummers got the dvd. i'll get it off him.You know what drummers are like tho........:wow:

customwhite

Reaction score
These bands influenced me:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQkActP-isE]Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK Studio Version - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FercKK_Xtag]Ebba Grön- 800° - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoy, or not...

Slowerhand

Reaction score
INFLUENCED ME TO GET INTO MUSIC/Guitar playing:
Crosby,Stills,Nash and Young (dad always had it playing around house)
Cream (dad always had it playing around house)
Jimi Hendrix and Led Zep (Mom bought me tapes out of blue because she though i would like it. Played it to death).

INFLUENCE ON ME IN WAY I PLAY/ My style:
Cream
Hendrix
Lynyrd Skynyrd

yladrd61

Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Hubert Sumlin, John Lee Hooker, Johnny Winter, Robert Johnson.

Doug_1970

Reaction score
When I first started playing ('82 / '83) it was:

East Bay Ray (DK's)
Ritchie Stotts (Plasmatics)
Captain Sensible (Damned)
JJ Bedsore (The Blood)
Dr Know (Bad brains)
Fast Eddie Clarke (Motorhead)

Then once I'd become more compenent it was:

Jake E lee
Jeff Hanneman
Eddie Hazel

Then I started getting into all the old legends, like Beck, Gallagher, Clapton, Blackmore etc.