Who Loves Their 1 Watt Marshall?

• Thread starter scozz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says,....I know I love mine!!

I don’t know what it is about this minuscule Marshall, but there’s something about it that differentiates these diminutive Marshall 1 watt amps from the rest!!

Maybe because it’s one watt,.....uno,... only 1,......(think about that for a moment, 1 watt :hmm:),....that separates it from its big, powerful, enormously megalithic big brothers! I don’t know, but everyone I’ve talked to absolutely loves their uno, (one), watt Marshalls!!

Mine’s the Dsl1hr,....

I purchased it a few months ago. It sounds phenomenal,.....in spite of its diminutive power!

And there have been quite a few Marshall 1 watt amps in the past, which one do you own? Or, do you have multiple 1 watt Marshalls?

I play mine thru a 1-12 Marshall cabinet loaded with a Celestion G12M-65 Creamback,.....I love it!!!!

Tell us why you love your 1 watt Marshall!

Attachments

• one-watt-amp-love.jpg
    one-watt-amp-love.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Dsl1hr is getting a lot of use right now. Great little amp..great reverb. Likes pedals. So far my only gripe is no 8 ohm output..well that and the tolex is so shiny it looks as if it's been hit with a whole bottle of armor all..lol..For under 300 bucks quite a bargain imo.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the tolex is so shiny it looks as if it's been hit with a whole bottle of armor all..lol.

Hahaha,....I thought the same thing when I took it out of the box!! :lol:

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I have the JTM1, JMP1, JCM1, DSL1, JVM1, Offset stack and DSL1HR.

Bought the 50ths in 2012 brand new. I don't think there is anything left I haven't done with them. I used to have a mini PA system setup in my studio with each either miked up or DI into it. Backing tracks pumped through with the amps leveled out volume wise was like a small concert. I've used them miked at small gigs all the way to just enjoying them as is. Awesome little amps that just get better in tone as the speaker cabinet they're connected to grows. Also, let's not forget that at the .1 watt setting they essentially become a tube preamp.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I purchased the JTM1 head when they came out, but when I compared it to my C5H, the C5H was the clear winner for me, so it went back. While I haven't tried any of the others, I will say that I heard someone playing through a JCM1, and it sounded really good. I'd love to take a couple for a drive, but I never seem them around (which probably speaks to their popularity).

Brett336

Reaction score
I have a JCM-1h and a JCM-1c. They are very similar in tone a response to my 4010 combo's. They seem to have a bit more gain but I think it's because you can run the 1-watt into power amp distortion so much easier. I can't see ever selling them - same with my 4010's

titan7

Reaction score
Had a few of the, sounded good, but I also had the 50w versions and liked them better, so I sold them.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I've got the JMP1-H, but since I got my SV20H I'm considering selling the 1 watt amp. I don't play it much at home and it's no good at rehearsals or the gigs I play at, so it's a luxury to keep it really.

Jakeboy

Reaction score
My JMP1h is my #1 go-to amp for recording Marshall tones plus I love it for practicing at home. I run mine through with a wx10 with GB10s or like now, in a mini-stack with 2 GB10 1x10 cabs.

It records like s 1959 or a 1987 and takes pedals great.

Best purchase for recording ever made.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
There have been a couple of times I've thought of selling some of mine. It's about impossible to not think that over 7 years of ownership but the thought never lasted long. I could sense seller's remorse in the future plus, they don't make them anymore. And, they're great for what they do.