Why shouldnt you lock up your guns ??

• Thread starter bulldozer1984
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackone

Reaction score
Ausie gave up his guns to the man now he try and make himself feel better by posting here.

What a fool you people are.

What do you ausies do when an armed criminal breaks into you house to rape and rob your daughters?

Let them? Yea, thats what I thought. Oye

fuck me, 6 posts and you've already made a fool of yourself:applause: But, to answer your question, if an armed criminal breaks into an Australians house to rape his daughters, he clearly hasn't weighed the Australian. Australians don't need guns to defend themselves, just ask the mafia, they've been trying to take down the Australian underworld for 50 years, I think they gave up in the 80's?

And if you wanna give it a shot, come on over, I don't own guns, but I guarantee if you walk into my place uninvited, you won't be leaving.

blackone

Reaction score
Ausie gave up his guns to the man now he try and make himself feel better by posting here.

What a fool you people are.

What do you ausies do when an armed criminal breaks into you house to rape and rob your daughters?

Let them? Yea, thats what I thought. Oye

I just re-read this post and seriously it has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum. Fuck man, you are one dumb mother fucker. I can pass by the spelling mistakes, the grammatical errors, the un-informed stupidity, the lack of any intelligence, but the fact that this is your statement to defend locking up guns is just fucking hilarious.

Keep up the good work moron, I need a good laugh:applause:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
But, to answer your question, if an armed criminal breaks into an Australians house to rape his daughters, he clearly hasn't weighed the Australian. Australians don't need guns to defend themselves, just ask the mafia, they've been trying to take down the Australian underworld for 50 years, I think they gave up in the 80's?

Damn, you're making me blush. :cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3ZjHmrQuU[/ame]

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a .50 cal hanging on my wall, and I DO lock my firearms up because my government will put me in jail if I don't.

That said, my house is my fuckin castle, and if I want to leave MY firearms around in MY fuckin house, that's MY fuckin business. If some piece of shit breaks in and eats a chunk of lead due to his invading MY castle, that's HIS fuckin problem!

All valid points..

But say you did leave em lying around, and someone broke in and shot someone in your family (say you werent home at the time) with your gun how would you feel man ! I know how i would feel.

Im glad the Canadian government makes you lock em up.

Peaty

Reaction score
Most of my handguns and all the ammo are in a locked firesafe. I have one in a gunvault, my home defense weapon, that I can access quickly. All of my shotguns and rifles have trigger guards. When I carry (I have a CCH license) and have to disarm because the place does not allow handguns, I have a hidden gunvault in each of my cars too. Personally, I think it's important to secure a weapon. I have kids and although they have both had proper firearm training, I still want stuff locked up. As for someone breaking into the house, I have dogs which I think are the best alarm and deterrent.

vintagevoltage351

Reaction score
My friends house was broken into by 3 thieves recently while he was sleeping. When he heard a noise and checked it out, he was held at bay with a guy that had a machete. The others found his gun safe and tried to open it, but all they achieved was breaking the door handle off, so nothing was taken(rifles). They got a bit tense after that and took off.
Cops got at least one of them later though.
My mate was lucky to not get slashed by cooperating, but i'm sure if he had the slightest chance of unlocking, loading, and firing(even a warning shot), he would be in the shit with the law and demonised for taking one out.

What do you do?
He has no kids and obeys all the strict laws.

Personally, considering his situation, i reckon if they saw a (even unloaded) barrel pointed at them, they would have taken off quick smart.
Hard subject dozer, lots of variables.

Username2

Reaction score
Most of my handguns and all the ammo are in a locked firesafe. I have one in a gunvault, my home defense weapon, that I can access quickly. All of my shotguns and rifles have trigger guards. When I carry (I have a CCH license) and have to disarm because the place does not allow handguns, I have a hidden gunvault in each of my cars too. Personally, I think it's important to secure a weapon. I have kids and although they have both had proper firearm training, I still want stuff locked up. As for someone breaking into the house, I have dogs which I think are the best alarm and deterrent.

I have a new Dodge RAM 1500, comes with a gun safe onboard already for long guns. With my concealed permit I have mounted holsters in the cab, never know when I have to shoot a Honda blasting RAP.

gunrack_397x224.jpg

Peaty

Reaction score
Snip

My mate was lucky to not get slashed by cooperating, but i'm sure if he had the slightest chance of unlocking, loading, and firing(even a warning shot), he would be in the shit with the law and demonised for taking one out.

Snip

Wow you can get in trouble for defending your home? I find that somewhat unfair. My state (and quite a few others in the US) have a law that essentially says you can legally use deadly force in your home if you think it's necessary.

(§ 21-5223. A person is justified in the use of deadly force to prevent or terminate unlawful entry into or attack upon any dwelling, place of work or occupied vehicle if such person reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or another.)
Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was also told during my CCH (conceal carry handgun) training that if I see someone beating up on someone else say a guy with a baseball bat smashing another person I could shoot the attacker. You aren't obligated but you have the legal right. Also, if you are in your car and someone is trying to get in to harm you you don't have to drive away, you can stand your ground and if they do get in you can shoot them. Myself I'd drive away if possible. I think the only way I'd be forced to shoot someone is if they were in my home when I was there.

Edit: seems that your friend would at least have a leg to stand on, I looked further down the wicki page and it says this:

Australia

Australian States have several differing laws. However, under South Australian law, the general defense appears in s15(1) Criminal Law Consolidation Act 1935 (SA) for defending a person's life, and s15A(1) for defending property, subject to a hybrid test, i.e. the defendant honestly believed the threat to be imminent and made an objectively reasonable and proportionate response to the circumstances as the accused subjectively perceived them.[31]
In July 2003, the Rann Government (SA) introduced laws allowing householders to use "whatever force they deem necessary" when confronted with a home invader. Householders who kill or injure a home invader escape prosecution provided they can prove they had a genuine belief that it was necessary to do so to protect themselves or their family. The law was strongly opposed by then-Director of Public Prosecutions Paul Rofe, QC, and lawyer Marie Shaw, who is now a District Court Judge.[32]

Last edited:

Clammy

Reaction score
All valid points..

But say you did leave em lying around, and someone broke in and shot someone in your family (say you werent home at the time) with your gun how would you feel man ! I know how i would feel.

Im glad the Canadian government makes you lock em up.

Even in the US where there are no storage regulations, the number of times a criminal breaks in, finds a homeowner's gun and uses it against him/her is so small that it is statistically insignificant. And, even here in Canada with our stupid strict storage regs, it happens on (very rare as in the US) occasion, despite the regs. The authorities here LOVE use those storage regs against lawful gun owners by laying bogus "unsafe storage" charges to punish them by process. More laws against the law abiding do shit to stop criminals. Why is this such a difficult concept for some people to grasp.

That said, I would personally choose to keep my firearms locked up anyway. But I don;t need or want any law forcing me to, especially the one we have here which was written to be intentionally unclear.

LKrevival

Reaction score
I definately recommend securing firearms, or any other thing you find valuable or more important hard to replace. You may be able to replace a guitar but you know like I do the one you have might be that special one for you or discontinued.

I spoke in the other my thread about a burglary I had and my safe saved my ass. I also now have a house alarm that I know works due to a couple false alarms, won't tell you the response time but it works.

A safe or alarm won't make things 100% but the more you make it harder on a burglar the less time they have to steal. A house alarm can also be set to when you are asleep if you are worried about a intruder. And of course dogs are a good alarm/defense also.

Also, when you invite people over place your safe or valuables best to be out of sight (out of sight, out mind). Whether you invite someone over you don't know from a musicians ad to jam, or people you may know, them mouthing off to somebody could go to the wrong ears. And then there is the possible ex girlfriend in a bad breakup.:rolleyes:

One thing though, your defense weapon, it doesn't do much good being locked up so if you keep one available it should be cared for responsibly, not to trying to preach on that but personally I grew up with a revolver readily available but my dad taught me safety and more important I was terrified of his wrath had I touched it without permission.

vintagevoltage351

Reaction score
Edit: seems that your friend would at least have a leg to stand on, I looked further down the wicki page and it says this:

That applies to South Australia, not too sure on the laws here in Queensland, but since the gun buyback after the Port Arthur massacre, guns were put in a real bad light.
Growing up, nearly everyone had some sort of rifle. Hell, the disposal shops were selling old .303's for 40-50 bucks, take a pick from the pile!
In saying that, mentality was different then. People had and learned respect. Crims would have thought twice by not knowing someone had a gun in the home.

I blame hip hop bad attitude music.
:)

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
all these gun threads are silly.

pro or con, its mostly emotion based.

the anti-gun lobby seems to feel that treating the symptom will fix the problem. if i take a percocet cuz my back hurts it wont fix my back. it will however provide some temporary, and superficial relief. but 4 hrs later, ive still got problems.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
i do and my home protection's safe is pretty easy to access with a simple push button combo that takes all of 3 seconds (literally) to punch in and it's bolted to the floor THROUGH the inside so the only way you can get it out is removing the floor or knowing the combination to open it up. for home protection with a family (technicaly any firearm yes) safety but efficiency's IMPERATIVE.

now what other people do is their business but anything i own is kept virtualy impossible for others to access other than my wife and I and for good reason.

but most people that post pictures here DO keep them locked up they just put them on display for pix just like we do with our rigs.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 2 guns in a safe and tbh I cant wait to get rid of them...,,,don't need em' and I'd feel safer with them out of my house.

Of course, this would be different if I lived somewhere where I feared being confronted by armed offenders. Fortunately this isn't the case.

Just wanted to point out to the knob-jockey on the previous page that gun control in Australia does not equal disarming, this is a common misconception.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.