Will YouTube ads lead their demise?

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just about had it with opening a YouTube clip and having to wait for an ad to finish before I can listen to a song.

Are there any other MusicVideo sites that havn't gotten swallowed up by the Corporate world yet?

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
The ads are pretty bad but I don't think You Tube will go down anytime soon. I personally think what will end You Tube is the censoring.

Bieling3

Reaction score
Youtube will end when it's wrapped up into Google+ just like my Google Reader was supposed to be this week. We put up a hell of a squawk and they've had to delay, apparently, but I know they're coming. They're going to ruin everything that is good.

Username2

Reaction score
I've just about had it with opening a YouTube clip and having to wait for an ad to finish before I can listen to a song.

Are there any other MusicVideo sites that havn't gotten swallowed up by the Corporate world yet?

I don't know what drives an ad to be placed on one video over another. I put stuff up there and so far no ads have appeared on my videos. Perhaps once they get so many hits then ads show up.

But yes, forces advertising sucks. I don't want to sit through a 30 second or even a 5 second commercial. It will go downhill fast if they stat pasting ads on everything. However someone will be smart enough to offer the same thing but without ads. This will probably be YouTube also but under a different name, it's called "mirroring" in the online business world. You set up another site that acts as a competitor and you profit from both.

jaek

Reaction score
Adblock Plus for Mozilla Firefox completely removes the adds...I never knew they were there til I was on a friends computer...

Blackie

Reaction score
.. Hell they sent me an e-mail to sign up to get paid for any clicks on my videos ...

... I tried to sign up .. but I was too drunk .. and then ... was not drunk enough to give out my acount info and other crap ... because .. I could prolly make as much money by feeling behind the couch cushion in one sweep than they would pay in a year ... so // FUCK THAT

brp

Reaction score
However someone will be smart enough to offer the same thing but without ads. This will probably be YouTube also but under a different name, it's called "mirroring" in the online business world. You set up another site that acts as a competitor and you profit from both.

Please explain how one would profit from offering a free service with no sponsor ads while paying large sums for bandwidth and server hosting.

Why do people complain about having to watch an ad for the service of on-demand video being delivered to their home for $free.99 ?

Sure, no one wants to watch the ads, but... it's free video on-demand, people. SOMEONE has to pay for YOUR viewing pleasure. Better the sponsors than you, no?

Blackie

Reaction score
.. Watch ny videos ... Buy stuff ..stfu . And get in line ....

.. For the goat sacrifice ... And bake sale ... God dammit ....

.. uH OH ... think my my CARPET ON FIRE ... !!!!!!!

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
Music videos these days are so utterly shit.

If I want to hear a song I find a low viewed video that simply has 1 image and the MP3 uploaded.

Youtube used to be good, so did facebook, so did the internet for that matter...

Eventually it all becomes shit.

Advertising is capitalism..... you can watch something from 1923 and it'll have an advert advertising an iPhone.... go figure.

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
I agree, it is a pain. Do You Tube pay artists money for showing their videos?

Those sort of question are completely ridded of any publicity.

It's all policy, agreements, governing, contracts etc..

I for one would like to know if Gearmanndude is paid to say how amazing a pedal is...... etc.

We all know Vbulletin is a corrupt market researching data gathering evil motherfuck.

Data collection to be sold to other companies to conduct research on appealing to our desires with potential products we want....

Of course even here market research will be done all over the place.... age, gender, email addresses, qualitative research too.

What better way to find out what people want than to read their very words on a communal platform... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I hate forums..... they're extremely sinister.

The Gear Page is the worst one... I hate how that website is so clearly run by people being paid by pedal builders to act as shills in threads.

People don't know what they're reading, who's written it and what benefits they receive for their kind words.

We're so easily influenced.

Human models are more influential and desirable than any explicit moral command - hence why artists are paid to use certain gear. Because we then go out and buy based on that notion.

The Gear Page is basic one big advertising venture.. yeah post your pictures, etc.. discuss tone... but all in all you're reading influential and persuasive posts from people trying to get you to buy a certain pedal... they keep certain threads buzzing for a while and who knows how many accounts they run to start a thread that just sucks the pants off a new pedal release....

Someone's making money...

Don't even get me started on MyLesPaul forum.. and how Gibson affiliate and liaise with that website.. without the knowledge of its users. It claims to be independent from Gibson.. it's not.

Stuff like OFCOM that monitor TV programmes etc are actually funded directly by those TV stations.. and TV programmes are directly funded by manufacturers of goods that are advertised. The influence those companies have on how TV programmes are made and their content is beyond comprehension.. you think a script writer or director is in control.. they're not..

In the West corporations control us, elsewhere the West does too but with armed forces.