WTB JCM 900 dual reverb head.

• Thread starter Whatwhatringrang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whatwhatringrang

Reaction score
WTB buy / Looking for just a nice working condition jcm900 dual reverb 100 head. Midwest area would be great. Maybe also the 4x12 or similar cab.

Gutch220

Reaction score
There's some on Reverb, just search within a radius of your town.
Also, I've noticed a bunch of these amps on Reverb overseas for a cheaper-than-average price which - to me- screams scam. Watch out for these. Especially Poland.

Last edited:

Whatwhatringrang

Reaction score
Great advice above thank you everyone. I am currently doing my research when time let’s me.

My thoughts exactly on Poland on reverb for some reason with Marshalls.

This is actually for a long time friend where Covid years really took it toll financially atleast on rig and gigs then. Probably Had to sell all his guitar rig and currently just using shit On gigs . I am so bummed out by this ,actions need to be taken lol. So I want to at least get him a decent 900 head again as it’s for a great player Whom I am have know for long time.

If I remember right he just basically played this wide open most of the time thru a 4x12 turned backwards and mic to pa. Using volume control to play cleaner rhythms.

Thanks to everyone

I dont think his was a 5881 model but it’s been a while . Kinda like to surprise with this . I always liked playing thru 900s ,cool amps.

Gutch220

Reaction score
If you're not dead set on a 100w head, you can always consider 50w and 50/100 combos. This will give you more choice and it's plenty enough amp to gig with. I myself am stuck with heads, but if I could go back, I'd heavily consider combos.

Slarvdude

Reaction score
I have a JCM900 100 watt Model 4100 with 5881’s in it I’d be willing to sell… it’s in really nice condition and sounds GREAT!!! $1200 shipped to lower 48.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
overseas for a cheaper-than-average price which - to me- screams scam. Watch out for these. Especially Poland.

900DR and oftentimes mkiii are dirtcheap over here...talking heads, and combo...and they earned that bottom value!

The SL-X change hands for abit more, 5 to 6 hundred normally, sometimes less, seldomly more.

In poland, they're actually way higher priced then in more western european countries.

Last edited:

Gutch220

Reaction score
900DR and oftentimes mkiii are dirtcheap over here...talking heads, and combo...and they earned that bottom value!

The SL-X change hands for abit more, 5 to 6 hundred normally, sometimes less, seldomly more.

In poo-land, they're actually way higher priced then in more western european cunt-trees.
For some reason, I"m very skeptical of shipping amps that far -and for that much extra money for shipping- and getting it in one piece without a giant gouge in the box or rattling parts inside.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
I had some studio equipment shipped from New York to Europe without trouble, it just took awhile and was more costly because of import-fees.

It has to be well packaged though.

But that was over 10 years ago, nowadays i think i wouldn't take the risk anymore, if it's pricy equipment atleast.

Last edited:

Crikey

Reaction score
WTB buy / Looking for just a nice working condition jcm900 dual reverb 100 head. Midwest area would be great. Maybe also the 4x12 or similar cab.
Yes you do. I love mines. Get the 4100 its hundred watts with 1/2power switch.
Its a tone zone.