YJM100 Footswitch discontinued - Alternative replacement footswitch solution

Mick6strings

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Here's one for all the YJM100 owners out there. Just thought I'd share my findings on alternatives to the YJM100 footswitch, which unfortunately has been discontinued, so if you happen to own or buy a YJM100 head without the original footswitch, you're going to have a hard time sourcing one. They rarely appear on the second hand market and are now out of production and officially discontinued.
I just contacted Marshall to ask if there's any of the YJM100 PEDL-00046 left in stock to which they replied "Thank you for your email regarding your question, due to the age of the YJM100 we no longer have the pedal in stock, and unfortunately do not have another to offer."
So they couldn't offer any advice on an alternative footswitch. But, I have discovered that the current 4 Way Footcontroller that Marshall offers, the Marshall PEDL-91006, works with the YJM100 head! Well, kind of...Basically, the 4 switches work correctly for the functions, but the corresponding LED lights do not work properly apart from on the Noisegate. Here's how it works-

Marshall PEDL-91006 -
Switches 1,2,3,4 match the functions of the YJM footswitch and work correctly so-
1 switches on/off BOOST & GATE
2 switches on/off GATE
3 switches on/off REVERB
4 switches on/off FX LOOP

All good so far...BUT! The LED lights do no function correctly-
Here's what happens as you press each footswitch 1,2,3 & 4-

1 (BOOST) - LED 1 does not light up, LED 2 & 3 Light up.
2 (GATE) - LED 2 switches on/off correctly for GATE.
3 (REVERB) - As LED 3 is switched on by the Boost function, if you are using the BOOST function (LED 2 & 3 are on) and switch on the REVERB, LED 3 light turns off, even though the REVERB is now on! Confusing I know!
4 (FX LOOP) - LED 4 does not light up when switch is pressed.

So there you go, if you're really stuck for a footswitch to use with your YJM100, the
Marshall PEDL-91006 footswitch will work for you if you can live with the odd LED behaviour.

I am currently trying to source a second hand PEDL-00045 footswitch, which is from the JVM series, to see how this functions with the YJM100.
After opening up my original YJM10 PEDL-00046 footswitch, the circuit boards inside have JVM marked on them, which leads me to believe the YJM footswitch circuit is very similar or a slightly modified PEDL-00045.
PEDL-00045 has 5 active LEDS, the YJM pedal has 4. BUT! After opening the YJM pedal, I discovered internally it has the same 5 LEDS, only 4 are being used. So I'm curious to get a PEDL-00045, open it up and compare the circuit boards to the YJM footswitch. I'll report back if I buy a PEDL-00045. Hope this helps some YJM100 owners, cheers!

Last edited:

Mick6strings

Reaction score
UPDATE I was lucky to find a brand new old stock PEDL-00045 JVM 4-way footswitch in a music store, and I can confirm that it functions perfectly with the YJM100. I opened up the PEDL-00045 and the circuit board looks identical to the one in the original YJM Footswitch PEDL-00046.

Marshall PEDL-00045 -
Switches 1,2,3,4 match the functions of the YJM footswitch and work correctly, they just have different words on the pedal for some of the functions, so OD=BOOST, MASTER=GATE, FX = FX LOOP-
1 switches on/off OD & MASTER (BOOST & GATE on the YJM)
2 switches on/off MASTER (GATE on the YJM)
3 switches on/off REVERB (REVERB on YJM)
4 switches on/off FX (FX LOOP on YJM)

So there you have it, if you buy a YJM100 missing its footswitch, or want to have a backup footswitch, the Marshall PEDL-00045 JVM footswitch is the prefect solution, all LEDS function correctly with the 4 switches. PEDL-00045 is discontinued but they do appear on the second hand market and on Ebay or Reverb from time to time.

As I said in my first post, Marshall PEDL-91006, the current Marshall 4 way footswitch, also works with the YJM100 but the LEDS do not light up correctly. So the older 4-way JVM footswitch PEDL-00045 is the one to get if you can find one. Hope this helps some YJM100 users, cheers!

Last edited:

usablefiber

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I am looking now for an alternative, the only thing that’s really important for me is a Footswitch for foot access to lead tones, I don’t really use the onboard reverb. Will one of the one or two button Marshall foot switches work for that?

Mick6strings

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I am looking now for an alternative, the only thing that’s really important for me is a Footswitch for foot access to lead tones, I don’t really use the onboard reverb. Will one of the one or two button Marshall foot switches work for that?
Hey, I've tried every other footswitch I own with the YJM100- a few Marshall and Orange single type footswitches, a Marshall JCM900 type double footswitch (channel and reverb switching) and a Peavey 5150 double footswitch, none of them do anything to the YJM's switching functions.
So I'm afraid your only alternative to the original YJM footswitch is the Marshall PEDL-00045, or the Marshall PEDL-91006. The PEDL-00045 is the better choice as the LED's function correctly with the switching, but if all that matters to you is switching on the Boost function for lead tones, the PEDL-91006 would be just fine as well.
As far as I know the PEDL-00045 is discontinued but I have seen them listed on Ebay US and Ebay uk. Hope that helps!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Santiago designed both amp's. It's not too surprising that he used similar switching parameters on both amp's, while both amp's have exclusive features.

I wonder if he has any insight on the differences &/or any hacks that would make them either more compatible, or identical either way - to transform it to be the same...

for instance transforming the JVM footswitch, either 4 button or 6, to be 100% compatible w/ the YJM100... :shrug:

@santiall

he might be far enough removed from them that he might not know, since he doesn't work for Marshall & might not have access to schem's for everything like he did when he worked there.

Mick6strings

Reaction score
Santiago designed both amp's. It's not too surprising that he used similar switching parameters on both amp's, while both amp's have exclusive features.

I wonder if he has any insight on the differences &/or any hacks that would make them either more compatible, or identical either way - to transform it to be the same...

for instance transforming the JVM footswitch, either 4 button or 6, to be 100% compatible w/ the YJM100... :shrug:

@santiall

he might be far enough removed from them that he might not know, since he doesn't work for Marshall & might not have access to schem's for everything like he did when he worked there.

I asked Santiago about the JVM2 PEDL-00045 4 button footswitch in another thread last year and he replied
"Hi, yes, it is the same pedal as it was supplied with the JVM2 (the one with the LEDs on the top-right corner). The YJM-100 amp itself can't reprogram it like a JVM though. You may also use a 6 switch pedal although 2 of them won't work"

He also tried the newer 4 button PEDL-91006 footswitch and replied-
"Hi, I tried the new footcontroller with the LEDs over the switches and yes, it works but the LED indication is all over the place. Not ideal but as emergency both the 4 and 6 way could be used"

santiall

Reaction score
I asked Santiago about the JVM2 PEDL-00045 4 button footswitch in another thread last year and he replied
"Hi, yes, it is the same pedal as it was supplied with the JVM2 (the one with the LEDs on the top-right corner). The YJM-100 amp itself can't reprogram it like a JVM though. You may also use a 6 switch pedal although 2 of them won't work"

He also tried the newer 4 button PEDL-91006 footswitch and replied-
"Hi, I tried the new footcontroller with the LEDs over the switches and yes, it works but the LED indication is all over the place. Not ideal but as emergency both the 4 and 6 way could be used"

I think he is right :cool: