Yngwie J. Malmsteen selling his #4 Stratocaster

• Thread starter StrummerJoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RLW59

Reaction score
It's a Fender USA Signature model. Not one of his dozens of actual '70s Strats, and not even a Custom Shop Signature.

Presumably one of the earliest regular production YJM Signatures. Probably used it on stage sometimes. But he developed his style and became famous long before that guitar was built.

Google says Ferrari 308's are selling for about 100K in average condition up to 225K for excellent condition. So it's more like you're buying the car and getting the guitar thrown in.
------------------------
That's assuming you actually get the car. The ad says "you also get the keys to his Ferrari" (italic emphasis of "keys" in the ad). So maybe you get the guitar with a set of keys in the case, and he keeps the car in his garage with his other set of keys.

Beryllium-9

Reaction score
You can get a 308 for under $50K. I expect that a short sleeve Hawaiian shirt and a press on Tom Seleck mustache could be had in lieu of a knock off strat owned by the knock off guitarist known YJM.

RLW59

Reaction score
The Reverb ad kind of implies that Yngwie's 308 appeared in Magnum, PI, National Lampoon's Vacation, and Beverly Hills Cop. (Actually BHC II, where a 308 was used as a stunt double for a 328.)

Initially I thought that would add significant value to the car. But then I realized I had never heard that the Vacation car was one of the 3 Magnum cars, so I started Googling. All 5 of those 308's are different cars -- Yngwie's isn't one of them.

The ad actually means the 308  model was used in those productions, not saying YJM's specific car was used in those productions.

Unless you get to spend a week in Yngwie's mansion with private lessons from him when you go to pick up the car, asking price is insane.