You Guys With Multiple Amps, Do You Play Them All?

• Thread starter scozz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Do the crowds favor any of these more than the other... or as long as the band is "on"/"feeling it" the crowd doesn't care type thing...

I'm sure you Rock em all!! :dude:
The punters have no clue. I actually played one show in a smaller pub with the little Taurus pedal amp, 60 watts. Had it in 7 watt mode. It sounded really very good.
A couple dudes loved the Jubilee at the big show but they would have liked anything. All my amps really sound very good for me.
I rock em as hard as I can!
Cheers

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d keep the SC20 and the Bandmaster (love those) and sell the rest. Then I’d buy another SC20 with the money. I have to have at least 2 of whatever I’m gigging.
Hahahaha!!!!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just curious about this , now I’m not really referring to guys with 3 or 4 amps, I’m talking about the guy with like more than a half dozen amps.

I see some of you list your gear in your signature, and I see some guys have lots of great amps. I’m wondering, how often do you play them all? Do you rotate them? Do some get more play than others? Are some not used at all for whatever reason?

Just curious, I thought it’d be fun to read what you guys say to this. Currently I have only 5 amps, and 2 cabs.....

SC20
Dsl1hr
1966 Fender Bandmaster Head
Marshall AVT20 combo
Bugera G5 Infinium

2-1-12 cabs, one with a UK Greenback, one a Creamback.

I do not rotate, I’m pretty much playing my SC20 exclusively. The others really don’t match up. I tried this past weekend playing my Dsl1hr and was a bit disappointed.

Now I understand my other amps really cannot match up tone wise with my SC20,...except maybe my Bugera G5. My Bugera has a great DI out, I use that for recording solos. It puts all my other amps to shame as far as a DI quality sound.

So tell us, how often do you play all your amps, do you have some amps for certain applications, what amps get most of the play and why????

Honest answer is ‘no.’ Forum answer is ‘yes they get played equally’.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

BanditPanda

Reaction score

jmp45

Reaction score
I probably should’ve included a pic in my original post.

The Bandmaster and the AVT20 are both for sale as we speak, next to go I think will be the Dsl1hr.

Cool Scozz, a Band Master.. Should have kept it. I have a few, SLP and Small Box get the most play down in the hole. SLP is the go to for w/d/w. I also routinely use all to keep the caps healthy. Lighting up the wall has it's benefits however brief.

Studio_2016B_zpscsaety8x.jpg

Drinkingdeath01

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ummmm :hmm: maybe you should talk to someone,....
I know right ? I guess if your gonna hoard something it might as well be something cool. Thats only part of them too. Last I counted I think the total is 42 or 43 heads. My guitar playing friends call my house the Tone Farm and they borrow something to record with. Its all in good fun.

Latest posts