You like Fuzz? DTF

• Thread starter solarburn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fortress

Reaction score
I will say that i bought a brand new Joe Bonamassa Fuzz face limited edition (black one) (yes brand new!!) The store in Quebec had it since 2014 they sold me for 200$ :) It was in january 2023.

I JUST CANT PLAY without it now. Its my main sound. I just roll back the volume for rythm and full volume for solo with an overdrive if i need more juice!! IT give me a Randy rhoads Tone!!!!!

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to try all the pedals that have been mentioned in this thread. They are all pricier than any I ever tried and that's why I never tried any of them.
Yah man. It was hard to spend so much on a pedal. Could have gotten more speakers! I love trying out speakers.lol

Im having a great time with the new fuzz. Plus i got to support a small business in its infancy. Win win.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I want to try all the pedals that have been mentioned in this thread. They are all pricier than any I ever tried and that's why I never tried any of them.
Another one, just what you wanted.

fortress

Reaction score
Dammit! This thread is going to cost me money before it's over I just know it. :run:

The magic of the fuzz face (jimi style of fuzz) its when you roll off volume and push back for solo. With no Fuzzface, with a standard overdrive, its like i'm playing tiny guitar chord. With the fuzz, the sound is fatter, bigger. It sing! The big difference with the Bonamassa fuzz face vs standard Jimi reissue is that she got less gain. Its perfect to go with overdrive. Biggest advice i can give people, play with your guitar volume Pot. And also, that fuzzface react so well to picking attack!! When i want to u se a tighter rythm guitar tone, i just remove some gain on the Fuzz face and kick in an overdrive over. I'm the only guitarist in my band and that give a bigger sound

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You thought my fuzz was spendy. $650

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the kind words, Joe! I'm so glad that the DTF has found a place on your board, and glad that others here are digging the sound too. I've never been a member on this forum, so, look forward to contributing. If anybody has questions about Voltic Electronic Devices, feel free to hit me up.

Also, I saw some Fuzz Face references above and just wanted to clarify the topology, despite being two transistor, is nothing like a Fuzz Face.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the kind words, Joe! I'm so glad that the DTF has found a place on your board, and glad that others here are digging the sound too. I've never been a member on this forum, so, look forward to contributing. If anybody has questions about Voltic Electronic Devices, feel free to hit me up.

Also, I saw some Fuzz Face references above and just wanted to clarify the topology, despite being two transistor, is nothing like a Fuzz Face.
Welcome to the forum John!

The DTF's staying on it too. Cleans up and juices up the way I want a fuzz to. When i fire up to p!ay, im gonna need that kinda joy. Over and over. :D