Your Current Cravings?

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
Hey,

so seeing how I got all my current needs fullfilled with my guitars, I was wondering what are you guys gasing over in regards to instruments?

My Strat is my Singlecoil guitar and apart from the vintage trem that won't stay in tune currently locked down to hardtail and serves me for Blues and Hard Rock, my LP Studio gives me Blues to Metal and my Jackson Randy Rhoads is my Thrash Axe.

Being a guitarist after all I still have the occasional G.A.S., and currently there are three/four guitars that strike my eye. A Gibson Flying V, a Charvel San Dimas Superstrat and Telly and the ESP LTD EC-1000 VB.

12342522_800.jpg

12195632_800.jpg

11211729_800.jpg
12147382_800.jpg

They are all somewhere in the same category pricewise (the Gibbo being the most expensive, duh) and I have a strange feeling I might end up getting one of those in 2018.

Do I need any of them? No. I have a hardtail, I have a Floyd Rose. I have a 24,75 scale, I have a 25.5 scale. But damn they all look so damn sexy and sleek. The V looks sweet no matter if you play balls to the wall metal or straight up blues (Albert King, anyone?), there's just something elegant about those ESP/LTD LPs, the complete binding is probably just my way to compensate for not being able to afford a Gibson LP Custom cause they are so damn expensive. And seriously I have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to Superstrats and hotrodded Tellies. Pair it up with a Marshall, abuse the whammy bar and you have instant 80ies heaven.

For now I can restrain myself. I go pick up my axes and practice whenever I catch myself looking at guitars online. However I know it's just a matter of time till I go out and buy new or get a used one. It's been over a year after all that I got me a new guitar! And I downsized to 3 electrics :p

So, share! What are your cravings? This forum is becoming like a support group to me after all :lol:

allwheelz

Reaction score
I'm good on guitars...in love with my les paul, and I just picked up my first tele. Now amps on the other hand....lol. I've got my sights set on a silver jubilee reissue half stack that's on my local CL. If that baby is still there come income tax time, i'm gonna give it a good home.

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the moment, I have all I need and want in terms of main gigging guitars:

Gibson LP Standard
R9
ES339
Tribute T Goldtop
V

Lately, I've been messing around with buying inexpensive guitars and turning them into quality by replacing pickups, tuners and pots. I did that with a cheap Bad Cat guitar, which now has Gibson 500T pickups and Grover tuners, and that guitar plays and sounds awesome. I'm currently on a quest to put one together for under $300.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on another EVH Wolfgang. I've also been kicking myself for years for having let go of my old SG Faded, so I've been thinking of picking up one of those as well. The only other guitar I've really thought about on a regular basis over the last several years is the American Special Stratocaster, but that's almost exclusively due to liking the looks of the large headstock … though, I already have a Strat that I love to play, so it's been easy to control the GAS for one knowing in advance that it's just not going to get the playing time to justify the purchase.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
An Epiphone "Inspired By 1955" LP Custom came up locally, at a good price. I wanted to try it out with its stock Gibson P90s, full mahogany body, and ebony fretboard. Didn't expect it to make the grade sonically, it did, and it's mine :cool: Missus promised to leave me if I buy any more, got my eye on another nice Greco...upload_2017-12-15_20-18-42.jpeg

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I don't have major cravings for anything in particular...but the new HP2 Wolfgang line has definitely caught my eye and i could see myself picking one up at some point in time, especially in this color...

yuz4todnzxeymxvuemg6.jpg

I wonder how the neck is on those. One of the primary reasons I love the EVH guitars is due to the necks (arguably the most comfortable i've ever played). I didn't even know they were doing this until you just mentioned it. I just did a quick search, and I love the finish on the one they have pictured at the top of the page :drool:

http://geargods.net/news/peavey-hp2-is-basically-evh-wolfgang/

Derek S

Reaction score
I wonder how the neck is on those. One of the primary reasons I love the EVH guitars is due to the necks (arguably the most comfortable i've ever played). I didn't even know they were doing this until you just mentioned it. I just did a quick search, and I love the finish on the one they have pictured at the top of the page :drool:

http://geargods.net/news/peavey-hp2-is-basically-evh-wolfgang/
I hear ya, those necks were really sweet, I miss my Wolfgang way more than I thought I would...then I heard about these and realized there might be a second shot at one. There's a few lucky owners out in the wild now and early word is very positive, so that's nice! I also drooled at the color you linked but I'm betting everyone and his brother will too lol, that's why I'd be more likely to nab a different one.

EndGame00

Reaction score
Got the itch for another LP Tribute in my inventory, SG Standard is a close second.. but that damn 2018 Firebird got me salivating...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, those necks were really sweet, I miss my Wolfgang way more than I thought I would...then I heard about these and realized there might be a second shot at one. There's a few lucky owners out in the wild now and early word is very positive, so that's nice! I also drooled at the color you linked but I'm betting everyone and his brother will too lol, that's why I'd be more likely to nab a different one.

I just became obsessed w/this so I started a new thread on them before I hijack this one :lol:

jreldmyr

Reaction score
Jackson SL2H....satisfied with what I have already....but love the looks of the red flame on this one.

Attachments

• 25798_Used_USA_SL2H_F_Transparent_Red_U18017_1.jpg
    25798_Used_USA_SL2H_F_Transparent_Red_U18017_1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2

Kutt

Reaction score
Torn between getting a 5150III 50 watt EL34, or waiting until mid(?) next year for the alleged DSL20HR. Very different amps, I know. But this is the first-world dilemma I find myself in.*

*Yes, neither of these are guitars. :)

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the ESP (not LTD) version of that exact black ESP Eclipse. Ending up sending it back to Sweetwater for a JP6, but it was a nice guitar. The fret-board width was a little smaller than I like...

SpHj

Reaction score
About the only thing I'm loosely on the lookout for is a good '61 SG Reissue. Custom shop or standard production. That, and a '67 Firebird to match my car...good luck with that one though:facepalm:

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
Torn between getting a 5150III 50 watt EL34, or waiting until mid(?) next year for the alleged DSL20HR. Very different amps, I know. But this is the first-world dilemma I find myself in.*

*Yes, neither of these are guitars. :)

I’ve watched video after video of that new EVH and most are fizzy as hell for some reason. I did see one that was a side by side of the 6L6 and the new one that had both sounding good, but I don’t think in a live situation it would be different enough for me to justify giving up my 6L6 50 watt head