Your Favorite Pick Up?

• Thread starter Barfly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
What's your favorite pick up? I have a couple but I have Duncan RTM's in 3 guitars and I absolutely love them. Very crunchy and powerful sounding. My faves by far. ( I also dig the hot rails in the neck position and ANDERSON Hn3+) What about you?

Last edited:

Jakeboy

Reaction score
This is hard....either Rumpelstiltskin Firebird pickups or Gravelin Shlabotnik Sisters PAFs....yes that is their name....

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Humbucking = Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion Trembucker.

Single coil = Seymour Duncan Hot Rails.

Honorable mention:
humbucking = Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis Original Trembucker, Gibson 490R, SD Whole Lotta Love, SD Jason Becker Perpetual Burn, Bill Lawrence L-500.

Single coil = Lace Sensor Gold, Lace Sensor Blue, Lace Sensor Red, SD JB jr, SD YJM Fury.

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Angus Young Gibson Humbucker

Single Coil Strat: Lollar Charlie Christian

You do get single coil Buzz but- The tone is jaw dropping.

cc-for-tele-main_260x365.jpg

Tele:
JBE Gatton PUs

Last edited:

xeizo

Reaction score
I haven't tested as many pickups as most here, but I was surprised how good Epis cheap Probuckers works with a full band. They do not sound anything special at home just playing, but with the band they cut through well and are articulate. That is compared with Gibson Classic 57/57+ and Seymour Duncan Jazz which is what I normally use.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I have three:
DP103 DiMarzio
Kiesel M22
Kiesel Kl 12-14

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the DP103 is a 36th Anniversary isn't it, its been a while since I looked at the back side of one of those pups:scratch:

I've never tried any of the other DiMarzio pups.

anitoli

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the DP103 is a 36th Anniversary isn't it, its been a while since I looked at the back side of one of those pups:scratch:

I've never tried any of the other DiMarzio pups.
Yes it is the same except before the 36th model there was no neck or bridge designation just one pup for both spots and it works great like that.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Yes it is the same except before the 36th model there was no neck or bridge designation just one pup for both spots and it works great like that.

I see now they have:

Neck = DP103
Bridge = DP223

I order all mine from DiMarzios largest dealer Mike Z. at Mikes Music Shop. He really knows his stuff with great pricing and fast delivery because he is their largest Dealer...great guy.