Zakk Jcm 800 Clip METAL

• Thread starter jd267
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bflat5

Reaction score
It's funny, I find the SH6 dull, especially next to the Invader. I still think the JB has the best of both, lots of chunkiness, and good articulation. I didn't expect it to. I fully planned on replacing it with the Black Winter or Invader.

Can't really comment on the SH6 as I've never used one, but I do know the invader is kickass.

newbies

Reaction score
The sh6 is the Distortion, I thought the Black Winter was a custom shop wind?

Black Winter isn't custom shop, I picked the bridge one up awhile back. It was originally only released in scandinavia but I think it has been released everywhere now . Its very similar output to SD distortion, the distortion is a really good pickup & I can't decide which one I prefer.

Marshall_Watts87

Reaction score
I just don't like how if you put a emg in a 2x4 it will still sound like a EMG. I find them to sound thin . But that's my opinion. My mesa like's them better than passives. Go figure

nah, that argument is stale. my SG sounds big and fat with em. my alder body super strat sounds thin and slicing with em.

the JB is my favorite pup of all time though.

Dave666

Reaction score
to my ear i tried all the duncans and the sh6 has the most beef to it. There is a new super distortion coming out its called a black winter .. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those. On youtube keith merrow does a duncan shoot out. Check it out with head phones. The sh6 has a really FULL sound.

Of all the Duncans I've tried the SH6 is a winner, like you said, it has a really full sound but, this is important, keeps the clarity of all the strings.
2nd best for me is the SH5.