-====

• Thread starter Codyjohns
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fat_lenny

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Nice get... + 1 more for the 900. I still love my 4100! best $300 ever spent.

$300, good buy. I dont know if I love or hate that you can pick them up so cheap.

I remember in '92 or '93 as 16 year old saving my arse off to pay over $2200 (AUD) for my 4100. Cracks me up that something I bought brand new is in the "Vintage Reissue" section of the Marshall Catalogue.

Its become my sons go to amp through which is cool.

cozmacozmy

Reaction score
$300, good buy. I dont know if I love or hate that you can pick them up so cheap.

I remember in '92 or '93 as 16 year old saving my arse off to pay over $2200 (AUD) for my 4100. Cracks me up that something I bought brand new is in the "Vintage Reissue" section of the Marshall Catalogue.

Its become my sons go to amp through which is cool.
You mentioned a different way of hooking up the ADA. I didn't know there were other ways... can you list them please?

fat_lenny

Reaction score
You mentioned a different way of hooking up the ADA. I didn't know there were other ways... can you list them please?

How you do it is how I’ve done it, the alternate would be in a rack system with a dedicated power amp. Ive never gone down the latter path, always wondered if it sounded different.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I played a friends 4100; 20 years ago, and never forgot about it. Because of that I finally bought one of my own. The 900's never seem to receive the respect they deserve. They are tone monsters, in my opinion, and others will eventually figure out their greatness and seek out one also. So I dedicate this thread to all the 900's. (Thoughts and Experiences) :cheers::applause:

Do you still have the 900 love it and play it?

cozmacozmy

Reaction score
I was just thinking about what mods owners of the 900 have done.

What have you all done to your JCM900 to change/enhance the sound of your amps? Did it make it better? Did you wish you never did it at all?

A few years back I found this YouTube video of a guy in Europe doing a mod on a JCM900 50wDR but he won't do over seas shipping and won't tell what's been modified. I'd love to have my JCM900 50wDr sound like this!

fat_lenny

Reaction score
Only changes I have had done to mine,

- conversion to EL34. If I am 100% honest. My 5881’s were so old it’s hard to quantity the sound difference. In my head it’s a subtle difference for the better, but it could just be me wanting it to sound better.

Other than that I run the patch cord in the effects look and use and attenuator so I can crank the master volume.

I don’t think the amp really needs tweaking.

Latest posts