1959HW + Fryette Powerstation + disto = high pitched noise

• Thread starter FredB98
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FredB98

Reaction score
Hi,
I am happy with thé combination of my plexi with the Fryette PS, but i am have a hard time using pédals, and especially a distortion (TS or TB drive). I have a big larsen (Mike a high pitched whistle) even at low volume or if i play far from the amp..
Any tip ? 😬

Last edited:

rockyskip05

Reaction score
Hi,
I am happy with thé combination of my plexi with the Fryette PS, but i am have a hard time using pédals, and especially a distortion (TS or TB drive). I have a bit larsen Even at low volume or if i play far from the amp..
Any tip ? 😬
Keep distance between the pedal and the amp/powerstation. This worked for me

V-man

Reaction score
I have felt that the 1959 is more picky with dirt than the Master Volume Marshalls. I also believe that the issue is compounded when the 1959 is wide open and leashed by an attenuator. That’s a potentially different subject altogether.

If you have ever played a wide open plexi, you’ll find the “sweet spot” is sitting in another room with the door closed. When feeling brave or crazy, one instantly receives a jarring reminder of standing too close to one of these with gain pedals or unpotted pickups. It’s easy to forget the minimum safe distance is 20’ away and now we are fiddling with a wide open (attenuated) amp with a guitar slung a mere 12-18” from the amp. It will do the feedback thing under those circumstances.

V-man

Reaction score
No, it’s like a high pitched whistle

It sounds precisely what I said earlier.

1959 > PS-100 > Captor X (for headphone playing)

Step on “Freedman” OD and the raped bat shrill commences immediately.

Walk away to the cord’s limit… screech gone.

Stomp on Noise gate… signal cuts before screech.