• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

1962 hw "bluesbreaker amp"

• Thread starter tman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tman

Reaction score
I was listening to a clip with this amp and wow do they sound amazing!! I have a question though on this amp there is no actually dirty channel correct?? It just uses volume and power tube break up to get its dirt?? Just was curious. Anyway a nice amp.How much do these run??? Thanks

PU239

Reaction score
I was listening to a clip with this amp and wow do they sound amazing!! I have a question though on this amp there is no actually dirty channel correct?? It just uses volume and power tube break up to get its dirt?? Just was curious. Anyway a nice amp.How much do these run??? Thanks

It is a single channel amp which when pushed does break up nicely. If your a blues player you will love it, although it does take dirt pedal very well.

http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-...tive-issue-25/reviews/marshall-1962-hw-combo/

tman

Reaction score
WOW!!! Thanks for that vid.It's a very nice sounding combo amp. That amp is incredible! What is the price on these????

Last edited:

PU239

Reaction score
Your looking at 4k new retail, I have seen them priced as low as $3300 new also. For a few reasons you will want one built after 2012 or later, they sound the best.

The people who buy these tend to be the same folks that have no problem dropping 4k on a guitar, really the last amp you will ever need and should last a lifetime. Resale is very good too.

Rodney

Reaction score
I currently use a 1962 Bluesbreaker ,but not the HW model, what a great sounding amp, I do love HW amps and also own a 1959HW , but to be honest I feel my Bluesbreaker tone wise beats the plexi hands down, so much that as I don't really use the plexi anymore I starting to get the urge to sell all and just get the 1962HW , though I may regret sell that lovely plexi.

tman

Reaction score
Yes I do really like this amp and the Silver Jubilee. I play a lot of blues rock and classic rock.I just recently got my first "all tube" amp in the DSL40C with the Creamback speaker. I really like the versatility of the DSL for my first amp.I am just getting ideas for when I decide to upgrade in Marshall amps which one to get. I really like the tone of this amp and the Silver Jubilee.However, for my style of playing blues,AC/DC etc.. It may just be this amp. :)

Rodney

Reaction score
Just to add to my previous reply, I have tried a few reissue Marshall and so far I feel the Bluesbreaker is the best of them, I'd love to be able to afford the limited edition model , but $7000 is to much for me.

PU239

Reaction score
I would urge you to wait a couple months until more demos come out on the Astoria amp range. They should start hitting the stores by November.

The same guy that designed the 1962HW designed the Astoria range. Both amps are hand wired 30 watts and have rectifiers and KT66 tubes. The Astoria is a 1x12 and a would be less expensive then the BB. There are three models with the Astoria Classic being the closest to the BB.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
I just returned a 1962hw amp. Long story, but it really is a great sounding, old-school, warm sounding, and beautiful Marshall amp.

Note that this is a loud amp with a Humbucker guitar and it is a big (almost 3' wide) and heavy combo.

With single coils the amp's volume is very manageable but with Humbuckers the amp gets loud really quick.

I could not believe the volume difference between my Les Paul and my Strats.

Much more amp than I require for my current guitar planing needs.

If you are can use this amp to its full potential you probably could not find a better sounding Marshall for Blues and 60's-70's rock.

Last edited:

Masliko

Reaction score
Nice amp.I agree with one of the above posts about the Astoria's,they sound great and you dont have play them at full vol.30 watts is REALLY loud and not just loud,its powerful,the windows will rattle.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Nice amp, there is one at my local store for sale, someone special ordered it, played it for two days and realized it was too much for his apt. It is one big and heavy amp, makes my Silver Jubilee 2558 2x12 look small and no side handles either:scratch:.