1967 Jmp Build In The Works

• Thread starter Elitevacuumtubes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jack daniels

Reaction score
This is what makes the MF worth one's while. A lot of the newer model amp (subjects/topics) I could honestly care less about. Tell me EVT, what is it about the 67' Plexi model is it that gets Marshall enthusiasts excited? (say vs. 68' or 69' models).

Reaction score
Well, firsts of all its like a black flag and the very first JMP. It haves a really big ot with a 1.7k impedance . The plate voltage is 480 biased. At 70 percent. It's the amp that Eric Clapton used on the YouTube video with the extended guitar solo. I'm getting a blond head cab for it.

Last edited:

jack daniels

Reaction score
Well, firsts of all its like a black flag and the very first JMP. It haves a really big ot with a 1.7k impedance . The plate voltage is 480 biased. At 70 percent. It's the amp that Eric Clapton used on the YouTube video with the extended guitar solo. I'm getting a blond head cab for it.

So is it filtered lower or higher than the later early 70's JMP's. I can't remember what (lower/higher) filtering typically does for the amp. Your GE NOS output tubes are a perfect match for your higher B+ supply. I wanna say my stock 74' SL PT put out 500+ VDC or greater, no doubt great for NOS 6550's. That Blonde head cab will look absolutely stupendous, cant' wait to see (and hear) the head when completed. :yesway:

Rick Lee

Reaction score
I really want to hear this, but those links aren't working for me.

jack daniels

Reaction score
Very nice EVT, do you have that 67' JMP build maxed out volume wise? What speakers are you using in your slant front cab?

jack daniels

Reaction score
The crunch or 'breakup' is nice and balanced. Good job at assembling a cool amp :yesway: