1980 Marshall JMP 2204 modded by Reinhold Bogner in the 80s

Eddylenz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I finally managed to record a proper sounding video of my new amp with my new sE VR1 ribbon mic, paired with my SM57. This is a very interesting amp. It sounds quite unique and definitely has that 80s Metal tone, that I love.
It really took some time to dial in the amp and test different speakers with different mic positions, but I got there in the end. I hope I can make another video with a proper camera soon, as right now, I only have my phone to record footage, which is why I just used a picture lol.
The preamp has been completely rebuilt by Reinhold with his infamous blue PCBs. One for the first two preamp stages, and one for the FX loop. The 3rd and 4th stage, as well as the tone stack, are wired PtP. I was quite surprised to find out, that the amp only has a plate voltage of 355V, which is lower than the other Bogner 2204s that I've seen, but it's still very tight and has a nice feel.

View media item 11449

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I just watched another one of your videos on a Bogner modded 2204, and this is after watching a few of your other vid's over a little time. You're not only a terrific young player, but you have a terrific ear for tone as well. FWIW, I just looked you up here to talk about the other video, but decided to respond here since it had ... um, zero ... responses. I'm not sure why that is. You play great and you have totally authentic tone. If I was going to send out an amp for a mod, and was going to choose from the guys here on the forum, you'd be in the running. Keep it up.

Oh, the video I watched?

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seen this thread. That's a mean machine!:agreed:

Nice jam demoing too.:eddie:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched another one of your videos on a Bogner modded 2204, and this is after watching a few of your other vid's over a little time. You're not only a terrific young player, but you have a terrific ear for tone as well. FWIW, I just looked you up here to talk about the other video, but decided to respond here since it had ... um, zero ... responses. I'm not sure why that is. You play great and you have totally authentic tone. If I was going to send out an amp for a mod, and was going to choose from the guys here on the forum, you'd be in the running. Keep it up.

Oh, the video I watched?

Daem I love this 800 rip. Fantastic!

Eddylenz

Reaction score

Oh, the video I watched?

Thank you so much for the kind words!
I've got a 100W JMP coming for an Arcturus mod next week, which is gonna be awesome.

That Tyrant mod is probably my favourite circuit ever for 80s stuff.
This JMP 2204 is quite different to that but it blends very well with my Arcturus, and I'll bet also the Tyrant.

I've also got a cover of In my Dreams by Dokken in the works. I'm probably gonna use the stock JMP with a boost for that, before I mod it, if I like the sound :D

Cheers,
Eddy

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I subscribed to your YT channel. That Arcturus mod on the JCM 800 just kills. Great playing giving a taste of the ground your amp mods cover. Love'n it.:shred2:

wakjob

Reaction score
That's a nice sounding amp Eddy.
Gonna checkout your YT channel!