• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

1st New Studio Recording.

• Thread starter Georgiatec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
We had my daughter over Christmas Day and this is what we got up to. I already had the drum track saved from a few years ago, so we recorded bass, guitars and vocals on my Tascam DP-32 (although only used 8 tracks). An old song called "Fall" written by my brother when he was in "The Mysterious 5th Member" pre 1990's Manchester explosion.
I basically re-wrote all the guitar parts and some lyrics (to suit female perspective).
Hope you enjoy. :thumbs:

The Dose of Harmony

Reaction score
I like the song!
But if i ware you i would back off a little on the gain of the rhythm guitars or maybe there is something going on on your high mids!

i like the tone of the solo pretty good man!

and i love her voice!

you are made you have a good singer!

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the song!
But if i ware you i would back off a little on the gain of the rhythm guitars or maybe there is something going on on your high mids!

i like the tone of the solo pretty good man!

and i love her voice!

you are made you have a good singer!
I'm blaming the new alnico Creamback speaker I used for the rhythm guitar anomaly.
Needs more breaking in. I was trying to get a Malcolm Young "Touch Too Much" vibe for the rhythm guitar. Used my Firebird with mini humbuckers and it does have a funny thing going on in the mids. I'm yet to do a master of the track, where I can add compression, EQ and effects. This was a rough mix that I took from the headphone output onto my Olympus LS-5 hand held recorder. It automatically turns it into a smaller MP3 file from the Tascam's WAV format.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
We had my daughter over Christmas Day and this is what we got up to. I already had the drum track saved from a few years ago, so we recorded bass, guitars and vocals on my Tascam DP-32 (although only used 8 tracks). An old song called "Fall" written by my brother when he was in "The Mysterious 5th Member" pre 1990's Manchester explosion.
I basically re-wrote all the guitar parts and some lyrics (to suit female perspective).
Hope you enjoy. :thumbs:

Sounds awesome

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice effort Georgia.
Some atmosphere on the vocals,perhaps.?
BP
There is on mine, but Amelia wanted her's dry. I recorded her vocal in my workshop which has a higher ceiling and no acoustic treatment, for a bit of "liveness"....I may sneak some in on the mastering when I get around to it. There is some clean guitar I want to do too with some tremolo for a bit of drama.
Thank you for your kind words.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
There is on mine, but Amelia wanted her's dry. I recorded her vocal in my workshop which has a higher ceiling and no acoustic treatment, for a bit of "liveness"....I may sneak some in on the mastering when I get around to it. There is some clean guitar I want to do too with some tremolo for a bit of drama.
Thank you for your kind words.
I really like what you do , great song !

Last edited: