2018 Dsl 40cr Full Review...

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ken361

Reaction score
400 is pretty to low for a 40 dsl, my 40 c is at around 480 32 bias runs great at 60% Not all amps should run hot the dsl with mostly preamp distortion runs best at 60. Now the new maybe different. They sounded similar at the store at low levels

brianwrym1979

Reaction score
Did you use bias probes or the test points? That sounds about right (25 / 480 = 52 or so ma x .6 = 31ma per tube or so)

brianwrym1979

Reaction score
Sounds about right doing the math... I guess thats my issue, the plate voltage isnt high enough.. or I need the amp to be modded to allow more bias current. I have the 40CR

Shane1353

Reaction score
I just got my DSL 40CR w/the 2 Masters. How do you 'assign' them? I've run the Channel Vols at 10 and used the masters for overall vol and had both masters on 10 and used the channel vols for overall vol. Which one drives the power amps the masters or the channel volumes? I really am not following how one 'assigns' the masters. Thanks.

Finnster

Reaction score
I just got my DSL 40CR w/the 2 Masters. How do you 'assign' them? I've run the Channel Vols at 10 and used the masters for overall vol and had both masters on 10 and used the channel vols for overall vol. Which one drives the power amps the masters or the channel volumes? I really am not following how one 'assigns' the masters. Thanks.

It’s easy. Whichever one you select for a channel the amp remembers it. Same goes for the effects loop.

Shane1353

Reaction score
So how do I 'select' or 'assign' it? How do I make the left one the crunch and right on the OD? Right now it's the opposite or so it seems and there is nothing in the manual. Thanks

Finnster

Reaction score
So how do I 'select' or 'assign' it? How do I make the left one the crunch and right on the OD? Right now it's the opposite or so it seems and there is nothing in the manual. Thanks

If you are on the crunch channel...push the button on the far right for whichever master you want to use. Then switch to the ultra channel and do the same.

It will remember which one you last chose.

Make sense?

kingbee

Reaction score
Doesn't remember effects loop if using foot switch

kingbee

Reaction score
Would the boss es-5 work for this? Would be cool to select whatever pedal I want at the same time.