2061 from '73

• Thread starter playloud
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
But seriously it looks unmolested to me. The black sealant is still on every connection on the component board. Looks like nothing has ever been done to it.

AndyD

Reaction score
Fabulous amp! Should have kept mine. Put it though anything you like and turn it up. And yes, it looks in good shape. You fix the speaker impedance on the output transformer, hard wired. looks to be on 8 ohms at the moment, but double check. Easy enough to change the impedance.

playloud

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it didn't fly under the radar as I may have hoped...

Winning bid was NZ$3310

goldtop0

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it didn't fly under the radar as I may have hoped...

Winning bid was NZ$3310

Yes was watching that myself, a good flurry at the end there with 'relic' the victor.........so it goes.
He's down in Invercargill...........will he make the trip for a pickup from Manukau or rely on a hopefully efficient/safe courier to deliver😲

playloud

Reaction score
Yes was watching that myself, a good flurry at the end there with 'relic' the victor.........so it goes.
He's down in Invercargill...........will he make the trip for a pickup from Manukau or rely on a hopefully efficient/safe courier to deliver😲

I'd be more worried about reliable electricity down there...

Was a fun few minutes to watch. 'plexi' kept it interesting!

whatdisay

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a ‘72 2061 on the way from the UK. I have a ‘73 PA20 that was modded to (I think) 2061 specs so I can’t wait to compare the two.

Possibly the greatest sounding cleans I’ve ever heard, in addition to the killer overdrive tones.

playloud

Reaction score
I have a ‘72 2061 on the way from the UK. I have a ‘73 PA20 that was modded to (I think) 2061 specs so I can’t wait to compare the two.

Possibly the greatest sounding cleans I’ve ever heard, in addition to the killer overdrive tones.

Would this happen to be the one that sold on Reverb a few days ago (seller in Newport)? Excellent score if so!