2525 Jubilee Review from Andertons

• Thread starter Electric_Blood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going with a Cornford Harlequin. The guy who sold me my LP Custom has one up for sale.

That's a sweet sounding amp! Definitely Marshall crunchiness sweetness in that voicing.

I just learned that little riff (not anywhere as good) and it sounds like a Marshall. Playing it on my Custom to.

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going with a Cornford Harlequin. The guy who sold me my LP Custom has one up for sale.

My sloppy playing on the left channel. You can definitely hear me. Wanted to see how close his tone was, and I still say it sounds like a Marshall.

I'm playing my LPC and 2553 through the 1960AV. You can hear that Marshall ring, chime and crunch in his amp though. Especially on that open G.

Thin Lizzy'ish and a 2553

thegaindeli

Reaction score
I don't know why the faceplate says 25/50 when they aren't. Makes no sense...
Are you talking about the 2550? The 2550 is a 25/50 watt amplifier... The amp in the Anderton's clip is a 2525, is it not?

What's odd, is the 2555 is 50/100 watts... Why didn't they call it a ?

Last edited:

thegaindeli

Reaction score
My sloppy playing on the left channel. You can definitely hear me. Wanted to see how close his tone was, and I still say it sounds like a Marshall.

I'm playing my LPC and 2553 through the 1960AV. You can hear that Marshall ring, chime and crunch in his amp though. Especially on that open G.

Thin Lizzy'ish and a 2553
Sounds great!

Decided against the Cornford Harlequin. I want something with two channels, and a loop.

Last edited:

thegaindeli

Reaction score
Went to SA and GC today... Tried the Fender Bassbreaker 007 and 15 watt combos, Orange, Marshall DSL15H, VOX AC15 and AC10. In the end, I left with the VOX AC10. The Fender BB 15 watt was a close second, and I may still get one. The 007 had that immediacy you expect from a single-end Class A circuit. They are all good sounding amps, but the VOX just has that unmistakable character that can only be had from a VOX. 10 seconds into playing the AC10, and I knew this was the amp for me.

Last edited:

thegaindeli

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Taking the AC10 back to GC. I can't max-it-out without getting crackling through the speaker. I'll be placing a deposit on a Marshall 2525, if possible.

Question... Why do some amplifiers sound great in the store, but sound bad when you get it home?

BanditPanda

Reaction score
That combo sounded great ! Seeing as I just got the DSL40C I sure as heck won't be dropping big bucks on that Jube so I'm hoping that the 40DSL will get me close.

SlyStrat

Reaction score
I like my DSL40C but want a smaller, lighter package. And the Jube will give me more what I want in tone.

Marc1kim

Reaction score
As a former owner of 3 Jubilees (2554,2553,2550) I really want this combo. I don't gig much anymore, at least not on guitar. The price is the only thing from keeping me from buying the combo (recently laid off from work). I'll find a way to buy one though, LOL.

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
Not to put anyone off the combo, but the guy I play and record guitar with has sent back two of the combos to Anderton's due to rattling/vibrations coming out of the cab when it is on clean. It kind of sound like tube rattle, but everything is seated properly, the cab is well built etc. I can understand a one off, but both combos have had the exact same problem.