2555x, Who bought one?

• Thread starter anitoli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Who on this fourum bought a 2555x new?

• Total voters

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Here is mine, bought new….. sold it after getting an endorser deal with Kool Amps BUT now that I have a Marshall 1987x, I am planning to get another 100% !
The Best Amp I have owned next to the 1987x !!

Here is how I had it sounded :

Adrian R

Reaction score
I *had* one. Bought it new around 2016/17...it was demo... cheap. Got the cab..used for zero(long story). Great amp, built like a tank, big and heavy. Luved the bias adjustment, and that you could use different tubes... good build quality, but in the end I like my DSL100 more. Sold it all off in 2018/19 for $1600..lol.

James Freeman

Reaction score
We would get more accurate poll results if the question was:
"Did you buy a new Marshall amp from the Vintage Reissue series after 2015, was it the Silver Jubilee 2555x?"

I think the information we want to deduce is whether people are buying other amps form the vintage reissue series more than the jubilee.

Vintage Reissue series:

Kuga

Reaction score
We would get more accurate poll results if the question was:
"Did you buy a new Marshall amp from the Vintage Reissue series after 2015, was it the Silver Jubilee 2555x?"

I think the information we want to deduce is whether people are buying other amps form the vintage reissue series more than the jubilee.

Vintage Reissue series:
Also the thread its confuse me a bit. Title say

2555x, Who bought one?​

But pull question it's Who on this Forum bought a 2555X new?
There should be more voting options.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Doesn't fit my style. Bought and sold an SV20, bought and kept two SC20's. Also currently have 50w JCM 800 and 1987x.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2555x new from Sweetwater for $1120, great amp, but had other amps that did pretty much everything I wanted so I sold it at a pretty nice profit.

Honestly never missed it.

Built like a tank. Big old school transformers and an awesome bias set up that every amp ever made should be utilizing.

Last edited:

anitoli

Reaction score
Sorry guys, it was late and i realize the question could have been better laid out. My intent here was just to see how many people on this forum bought a new reissue 2555x. Some tend to think they sold like hot cakes, others including myself disagree. And part of why i don't think they sold well was the amount of time you could actually obtain one. They hit the market in 2015 and by 2017 were already becoming unobtainum. Then the discontinuation rumors started flying around. KInd of like the first time around. Here and then gone.

Supposedly Sweetwater can get them but only in reduced quantities and this makes me wonder why. With their buying clout and the possible demand for these amps they should be able to order say 1500 units and blow them out, right? But that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think they want to invest big dollars in an amp that's not going to move. I'll be some surprised if they ever come off of this backordered status they are currently on. JMHO.

anitoli

Reaction score
Ok, so now I'm curious, what do you get out of it that you can't from a 6100?
Good question. I bought mine primarily from having been able to use an original one ( which was offered to me for purchase) back in the early 90's and was kind of curious after so many years if my memory of the amp was as accurate as i thought it was and it was new and the price was right. The main reason i never bought the original was because i had a hard on for a 6100 and nothing else was gonna do it.

Jube's are like those chicks in high school that are not total dogs, but also not hotties, work just fine when needed but you never get too attached to them.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Jube's are like those chicks in high school that are not total dogs, but also not hotties, work just fine when needed but you never get too attached to them.
Ahhhm ok good.
No need to ignite any G.A.S. in that regard then.
Longf#inghair over at the roadhouse was always boosting them so I was curious how they stacked up since he had a 6100 rig as well..

Recently, I was going to sell all my amps to buy an Slo30 after getting the Slo30-mini, a little time with the 6101 and I dialed that tone right in. Admittedly it is nice to have a simpler amp as I've found with my JTM-30, But any time I get the urge to spend $$$ and get a different amp the 6101 has to fail to get the sound I'm looking buy, it Hasn't failed yet . . .

Enjoy, M

67mike

Reaction score

That is where we disagree.

Imho, the 2555x is probably the last amp I'd sell.

If you know what you are doing.....that takes time, effort, and tinkering......it is the best frigging Marshall ever made.......ymmv

I certainly understand some folks just not digging it.....when I first tried one I did not have it dialed in at all....and I wondered wtf everyone was hyping them for. I wasn't impressed.....then spoke to some jube owners and they shared some tips. It wasn't untill I dove in and tweaked it, that I discovered just how amazing it is.

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a used one while I was on tour. I probably had it for a year before I actually got into it. At first I was really underwhelmed by it. I jammed on it a few times and just put it away. At one point I had a studio session for an album and I took the bulk of my amps there to get sounds for guitars and I only had a few left at the house. I still needed to rehearse and write at home so I plugged in the Jubilee again and tried to make it work. After some trial and error and a little help from a Tube Screamer I got the sound I was looking for and liked it so much I brought it on tour with me where it stayed in my rig for the next couple of years. I didn't use the Tube Screamer for a boost. Just used it to knock the low end out of the guitar signal a bit and I stuck an EQ in the loop to knock down 400hZ a little. Great tone after that. Although I didn't like the effects loop and installed a Metro Zero Loss Loop instead. I've never been very impressed with any of the Marshall loops. The 2555 loop is bad but not completely unusable in some cases. The 2203X loop is hot garbage and it blows my mind how any amp company would put that in a product.

Latest posts