• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

• Thread starter Codyjohns
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't even played thorugh the 1987x because I'm still waiting for some key missing parts so I can complete the amp. Stupid Canada Post strike :(

When I got it, it sounded like crap and when I opened it up, it had been COMPLETELY modded, in a bad way. :wtf:

It will be brought back to stock, have a switchable Randy Rhoads mod and a switchable v1a input filter mod.:headbanger:

I know that Canada Post strike pissed me off big time......still waiting for my 9inch Marshall logo.

That sounds like a wicked mod...........that's going to be one sweet amp head. :dude:

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I know that Canada Post strike pissed me off big time......still waiting for my 9inch Marshall logo.

And now, they're still slacking off and mail is slower than ever. The strike just gave them another excuse for being late. Don't get me wrong, some of those workers do a good job but it just seems like most of them don't really care or understand the reality of today's economic and job market.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
And now, they're still slacking off and mail is slower than ever. The strike just gave them another excuse for being late. Don't get me wrong, some of those workers do a good job but it just seems like most of them don't really care or understand the reality of today's economic and job market.

The problem is that it's getting to expensive to live in Canada.

matt3310

Reaction score
DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

I love mine!! I have a 73 superbass thats amazing also!!

JTyson

Reaction score
Very nice. :cheers:

Which one is your favorite??

Probably the JMP Mike Fortin modded for me. Its a one-off that has an unbelievable range of tones from old plexi, to extreme modern gain levels
( and I mean extreme) all in one channel. It looks stock from the front, all the writing on the controls was gone when I got it, but it has 2 drive controls on the front, plus an additional switchable 3rd tube gain stage with a 3rd drive control in the back. Mike modded the bias circuit to take any octal-based tube you prefer, and put a bias adjustment screw on the back so I can bias it without pulling the chassis. It has a pull-tight funtion on the drive 2 knob that is extremely useful, and a depth mod. The presence control is now in the back.
The pull-brights are for each corrosponding drive control in the front, and use 2 sets of caps per each switch, (up or down) so you can find the set that better suits the tone your after, or select the middle (off) position. The saturation switch has 2 different sets of diodes, one is more open (up) and raw, the other is darker and more compressed (down). The center position is off, with no diodes in the circuit
The switchable 3rd tube stage is very late in the circuit, right before the tone stack. The raw/smooth switch is in the power amp section, and makes a huge difference
You would think with that much gain it would be mushy or flubby, but it stays amazingly tight and focused with no noise. Mike also changed the heaters to a DC circuit that is totally quiet under insane gain levels
We decided to put all the added noticable stuff on the back so my wife would not notice. Mike calls it the "wife mod"
Coolest Marshall I've ever had, it still sounds like a Marshall, but its an ultimately pissed off one
Here's a pic of the back panel

Attachments

• IMG_8372.jpg
    IMG_8372.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 13

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably the JMP Mike Fortin modded for me. Its a one-off that has an unbelievable range of tones from old plexi, to extreme modern gain levels
( and I mean extreme) all in one channel. It looks stock from the front, all the writing on the controls was gone when I got it, but it has 2 drive controls on the front, plus an additional switchable 3rd tube gain stage with a 3rd drive control in the back. Mike modded the bias circuit to take any octal-based tube you prefer, and put a bias adjustment screw on the back so I can bias it without pulling the chassis. It has a pull-tight funtion on the drive 2 knob that is extremely useful, and a depth mod. The presence control is now in the back.
The pull-brights are for each corrosponding drive control in the front, and use 2 sets of caps per each switch, (up or down) so you can find the set that better suits the tone your after, or select the middle (off) position. The saturation switch has 2 different sets of diodes, one is more open (up) and raw, the other is darker and more compressed (down). The center position is off, with no diodes in the circuit
The switchable 3rd tube stage is very late in the circuit, right before the tone stack. The raw/smooth switch is in the power amp section, and makes a huge difference
You would think with that much gain it would be mushy or flubby, but it stays amazingly tight and focused with no noise. Mike also changed the heaters to a DC circuit that is totally quiet under insane gain levels
We decided to put all the added noticable stuff on the back so my wife would not notice. Mike calls it the "wife mod"
Coolest Marshall I've ever had, it still sounds like a Marshall, but its an ultimately pissed off one
Here's a pic of the back panel

That's a sweet amp :dude:

Is it a 2203 ????????what year is it:hmm:???

matt3310

Reaction score
So Matt, do you rent backlines? That would explain a lot! LOL :lol::lol:

This is my personal collection!
But I do rent them out if someone needs them. Theres a backline company in town that rents them from me when they need something I have.
I use 3 amps anytime I play out. Usually just 3 half stacks. Depends on what type of music I'm playing as to what I take.
The great thing about having all these is you can mix different amps for different styles. Some of the blues guys here in town LOVE the AFD100! I didn't expect that! But it is a very versital amp!!

BluesRocker

Reaction score
My pleasure Mike.. Hey got news today about a week and a half on the SLP... Sigh.. Its gonna be a long 10-12 days