50 Years of Loud

• Thread starter Nudge68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nudge68

Reaction score
So what's the consensus view?

Seeing Kerry King and Zakk together was great. KKs Ace of Spades was a highlight. :headbanger:

Doug Aldrich nailed Heaven & Hell. What a player! Loved his performances.

Gilbert was Gilbert.

Satch was Satch though I thought his tone was aweful. Lots of fizz in his gain. Nice duo with Gilbert on Goin' Down. BAU for these guys I guess.

Bill Duffy was fantastic, really surprised me. Loved the Gretch. :cool:

Yngwie was Yngwie, never boring, played like a demon. Far Beyong the Sun was another highlight.

All ex Zakk and KK came out for the grand finale of Smoke on the Water.

Al Murray is an idiot. I'll show what he can do with his "donut"! They should have had Nico McBrain do it solo. Funny guy, well spoken.

The mix was average, the exhibition was disappointing, go to a shop to see all that. BUT the Marshall bar fridge was the gear of choice!!!

Not an amazing show but a good night out. :applause:

Pleased I went. Apologies to Metromutt, just had to get my son home ... Owe you a pint, mate!

Any other opinions? Disagree?

Cheers,

Matt.

EDIT - How the heck could I leave out KK doing Mouth of War?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE. :headbanger:

Last edited:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read over the road there was still no mention/unveiling of the 'big' 50th amp,which seems to have disappointed a few people!

:(

Nudge68

Reaction score
I've read over the road there was still no mention/unveiling of the 'big' 50th amp,which seems to have disappointed a few people!:(

Nothing at all. Signature half stacks and reissues was it. A great marketing opportunity but I think this event wasn't at all sponsored by Marshall. Well, so it seemed to me.

Cheers,

Matt.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Would of loved to have seen the show, disappointing there was no Golden Jubilee amp announcement...,,,

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing at all. Signature half stacks and reissues was it. A great marketing opportunity but I think this event wasn't at all sponsored by Marshall. Well, so it seemed to me.

Cheers,

Matt.

Theres one person that would have gotten the hot dope on the
50th amp. Nuke

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres one person that would have gotten the hot dope on the
50th amp. Nuke

I'll take the liberty to post a quote from Nuke regarding the new amp, hope he doesn't mind....this is part of a post he posted at his "Marshall Roadhouse" Forum.

"Lets get right into it.... there was no 50th amp or any other amp announced at the show. I am still confident there will be one but don't understand the timing... I was disappointed." Nuke

:D
Peace

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take the liberty to post a quote from Nuke regarding the new amp, hope he doesn't mind....

"Lets get right into it.... there was no 50th amp or any other amp announced at the show. I am still confident there will be one but don't understand the timing... I was disappointed." Nuke

:D
Peace

It takes Nuke a lot to be angry at Marshall. Lets hope he and Matt stopped by at Simms workshop on the way home and took it out on him. :lol:

Last edited:

Nudge68

Reaction score
Here's the best of the exhibition :)

Marshall fridge v2.jpg

Hope you can see it ok. I think if you click on it, it opens into a new tab.

:cheers:

cheers,

Matt.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I kept waiting to read a response along the lines of ... "Kidding! Ok, here's what really happened!"

:(

poeman33

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if there was a change of plans after Jim passed away? Maybe what was being worked on has now been delayed or something? It's a pretty obvious date to make a big announcement...Marshall knows that as well as anyone.

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
I was in London yesterday, saw some some guys with Marshall T-shirts ;)
Could have been some of you.

I went to see the Shard and go for some drinks.

I declined going to the 50 years of Loud, I don't like that venue much, even though I'm seeing Rush there in 2013.

Al Murray, the fake, annoys me too and I'd have only gone to see Zakk Wylde and Satriani.

I want to see some pics!!!!!!!!

Username2

Reaction score
Hey guys, still over in London and its raining like hell out.

Well I fly back tomorrow, ready to come home. First the concert was epic, from my seat in the 10th row I got a pretty good view of some great talent. All the guys are great players, some performances better then others but it was a memorible night for the shear revolving door of talent on stage not only on guitar but on vocals. The biggest suprise for me was Yngwie's performance.... if he wanted to make a statement to the other players in the house he did just that IMO.

I found it weird that the crowd remained seated durning the songs, hell I wanted to rock but everytime I stood up I was obviously annoying the people behind me. I got some nice HD video coming and pics also.

I hung out with Matt and his wife from this forum for a couple days as well as Sigi (Marshall Museum) and his wife from Germany. Great people and Marshall loyalists. I am sure Matt will post up lots of pics and video, he was snapping pics like crazy.

My take on the 50th going forward is two fold, there are more amps coming but this concert and the time and key resources it took to make it all happen has delayed launches. There is a lot of work to do in the coming weeks for the guys at Marshall.

When we toured the factory, my keen eye was wondering around every corner sniffing out products, there was nothing new there. Did see the stunning beautiful gold plated faceplate on the Bluesbreaker... WOW.

They were working on DSL1, JVM410JS, and 1960cabs the day we were at the factory. Had a great tour from Phil Wells and got a lot of good information with regards to why the outsourcing and the future of the company.

Matt and I also spent some time with James Marchant and Santiago while at the factory, We got a nice pic of that. Introduced Matt and Sigi to Steve Dawson also, great guy who builds my favorite Marshalls.

Also got to spend some time with the big retailer from Japan, so intresting to talk to him about the huge Marshall scene in Japan. I will tell you the Japaneese are fun as hell to drink with... OMG just pure entertainment, my new favorite people to party with,

Caught up with a lot of guys over there and actually spent some time talking with Marshalls big boss and his wife outside the Hotel this morning and also at the factory. He has the helm now that Jim is gone. Good people.

Hang in there guys. and wait for Matts pics and videos.

Nudge68

Reaction score
Nuke, you're a champion! :dude:

Thrilled you're having a great trip :thumb:

Cheers,

Matt.

Sigi M

Reaction score
Arrived home this Evening from Marshall´s 50th Anniversary Celebration in London. Not only the Show was so amazing for me. I met the best guys you can imagine:Nuke and Matt. We had much fun,talked Marshall and had a few drinks. Thank you for one of the best days in my life!

I also learned a lot about the Americans:

In America everything is bigger,even the Lightshows (Matt) :wave:

Sigi