50th Anniversary, Bluesbreaker, Limited Edition

• Thread starter Woody81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pleximaster

Reaction score
I have heard that they will start the production on september. Distributers and retailers have called trusted customers worldwide in person for the sales of these 50 with a les paul and 50 amp only world wide. So I guess they will sell out fast. The prices arent really set. The price range is somewhere in the 5-6000 dollar region and the double for the set with the Les Paul but this is roumors only. I passed since I already have the old head versions (JTM45) and I am not a combo man. I really enjoy the 1 watters for the anniversary. These are handwired limited anniversary collectables so you cant really comment on the price in my opinion, it is not for everybody. Its a cool collectable amp and as a collectors piece I think they will hold thier value. If you are going to get it as a gigging amp, get something else.

I think Steve Dawson is in charge of the project so it will definately be a good sounding amp!:dude:

best plexi

george76

Reaction score
due out in september i think. Although why anyone would want one is beyond me. It will probably have a silly price tag attached to it and theres a lot of boutique makers out there now making seriously good clones of the old marshalls down to the tiniest of details.

my guess is the marshall one wont be as historically accurate as those boutique amps, and will cost five times more.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
This amp will be the closest you will ever get to the original..,,,if I had the cash I'd jump on one

Last edited:

Username2

Reaction score
I have heard that they will start the production on september. Distributers and retailers have called trusted customers worldwide in person for the sales of these 50 with a les paul and 50 amp only world wide. So I guess they will sell out fast. The prices arent really set. The price range is somewhere in the 5-6000 dollar region and the double for the set with the Les Paul but this is roumors only. I passed since I already have the old head versions (JTM45) and I am not a combo man. I really enjoy the 1 watters for the anniversary. These are handwired limited anniversary collectables so you cant really comment on the price in my opinion, it is not for everybody. Its a cool collectable amp and as a collectors piece I think they will hold thier value. If you are going to get it as a gigging amp, get something else.

I think Steve Dawson is in charge of the project so it will definately be a good sounding amp!:dude:

best plexi

Actually manufacturing will begin in September. The numbers you quoted are correct. This is all part of the 50th and what Marshall did for the collector.

While to many of us the price is a bit of a sticker shock, last I heard the presales all but had the collectors package (*w/guitar) sold out already. These will only be sold to select dealerships worldwide. This is the one of two amps I want to try to plug into when visiting Marshall in September if possible.

theres a lot of boutique makers out there now making seriously good clones of the old marshalls down to the tiniest of details.

my guess is the marshall one wont be as historically accurate as those boutique amps, and will cost five times more.

I can assure you that your very wrong here. These are accurate in every way. Clone builders do not have access to the components these will have that Marshall still had.

IMG_1890.JPG

The guitar is indeed from Gibson Custom Shop and based largely off the Historic '57. Murphey aged Goldtop with Jim's signature on the truss cover and Marshall logo on the 12 fret. Not sure of the other details with it but only 50 were made.

IMG_1891.JPG

Last edited:

Woody81

Reaction score
I have one on order, without the gibson guitar and it's setting me back roughly £4500-£4600...
Everyone is making vaild comments, however seem to be missing a major point. This is as close as anyone of us will ever come to walking into a guitar shop 40'something years ago and buying an original..!! And these will absolutely hold their value - no fears there... My bet is that within 2-3 years, you will very rarely see these go onto the market.

This is a Marshall forum? There seem to be a lot of haters on this forum, willing to knock products before they've even been released..

Nuke - what's the deal with the whisky? Given out with each amp purchase?

pleximaster

Reaction score
Congrats on a great amp! I really hope you will post some clips when you get it!

Best plexi

Username2

Reaction score
I have one on order, without the gibson guitar and it's setting me back roughly £4500-£4600...
Everyone is making vaild comments, however seem to be missing a major point. This is as close as anyone of us will ever come to walking into a guitar shop 40'something years ago and buying an original..!! And these will absolutely hold their value - no fears there... My bet is that within 2-3 years, you will very rarely see these go onto the market.

This is a Marshall forum? There seem to be a lot of haters on this forum, willing to knock products before they've even been released..

Nuke - what's the deal with the whisky? Given out with each amp purchase?

Hold their value indeed. The Whiskey is part of the collector package (amp, guitar, Marshall Whiskey) I am pretty sure if you just buy the amp the Whiskey is not included.... not sure though.

IMG_5589.JPG

Last edited:

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
Hold their value indeed. The Whiskey is part of the collector package (amp, guitar, Marshall Whiskey) I am pretty sure if you just buy the amp the Whiskey is not included.... not sure though.

IMG_5589.JPG

Don't forget that an empty whisky bottle lowers the value of the "collector package" ;)

Username2

Reaction score
But you just know one day your buddy will be over and come walking into the living room with a glass full of it asking "Hey Bob, where did you get this stuff from"

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that your very wrong here. These are accurate in every way. Clone builders do not have access to the components these will have that Marshall still had.

This is not entirely accurate, as environmental laws in the UK will prevent that from becoming a reality (RoHS for example). They will be as close as they are permitted by law, but they will not be accurate in every way. I'm not trying to call you out, but I think people should be clear on what it is that they're buying (particularly when there is so much emotion / history involved).

Rafał

Reaction score

IMG_5589.JPG

"Number of bottles: 228"

So I guess it's not only for the 50 people who buy the guitar+amp.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
"Number of bottles: 228"

So I guess it's not only for the 50 people who buy the guitar+amp.

Nice eye for detail ... never noticed that. Maybe the other bottles go to employees as a 50th Anniversary thank you gift?

sellen

Reaction score
Got the blusebreaker 1962 reissue, and love it. Best amp i tried for my taste. If this one is gonna get even better, well i got the "gas" again

Username2

Reaction score
This is not entirely accurate, as environmental laws in the UK will prevent that from becoming a reality (RoHS for example). They will be as close as they are permitted by law, but they will not be accurate in every way. I'm not trying to call you out, but I think people should be clear on what it is that they're buying (particularly when there is so much emotion / history involved).

You are correct, those "safety standards" however will not change the end game of the tone and that is what I was speaking to.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't own the guitar & amp pack because the whiskey would drive me insane!!!
If I drank the whiskey I'd be pissed of I spoiled the package!
If I didn't drink the whiskey I'd be pissed off I was wasting whiskey!

FUUU.png

:Ohno::Ohno::Ohno:

Username2

Reaction score
So what, here??... 100 people in the world get to have a ">1 watt" Anniversary amp??
Thanks, Marshall. Thanks a fuckin' ton.
Keep your amps. I'll be here re-evaluating my Marshall loyalty, while I feed my family.
"Bluesbreaker", indeed. Ballsbreaker, more accurately.

What is wrong with offering this to collectors. Are you a collector? If not, the amp was not built with you in mind. It was specifically targeted for Marshall collectors and by the pre-orders already received I would say there is a market for them.

What amp is Marshall not building now that you want?

elcid

Reaction score
waaaaaaaah Marshall is making something I don't like/can't afford waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!