///

• Thread starter Codyjohns
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

richieG

Reaction score
That is truly a vision of awesomess.

Congrats man. Brush up on your Blackmore licks.

I really want one of those.

Jealousy.........Over........Whelming

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that PRECLUDE someone from sleeping, let alone dreaming, up to 5 miles away? :D

I had to move all my gear to the basement of my house, I don't want to crack my neighbors windows.:Ohno:

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Making noise with a Vintage Marshall - YouTube

Riffguy tears a new ass with his Major ^^^^

All hail King of the Marshalls ... loudest amp ever. :wave:

*** Mike looks like ur Major had a Master installed thats not active anymore.

What a killer video :headbanger:
Yes it look like someone tried to install a PostPIMV.
It also looks like someone changed the bias resistor values.:hmm:
I need to go over the amp circuit to make sure it's all stock before I start cranking the Major up.

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
I hear ya about the basement Michael...lol...we've been house shopping for several months...finally found and bought one..one of the 'must-have' items was a studio and in this one buried half underground and in the dead center of the house was a media/theatre soundproofed room...guess where the studio is gonne be...grins

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya about the basement Michael...lol...we've been house shopping for several months...finally found and bought one..one of the 'must-have' items was a studio and in this one buried half underground and in the dead center of the house was a media/theatre soundproofed room...guess where the studio is gonne be...grins

I like it in the basement a lot better, I can turn the amps up more without bugging my wife and kids.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to change the tubes and bias it up again. (it needs a little maintenance)
any idea what tubes you're going to put in there? majornut didn't trust CP KT88's in a demanding circuit like that and NOS has outrageous prices... you may want to consider the tungsol KT120's for this job...:

pentoder.gif

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to change the tubes and bias it up again. (it needs a little maintenance)
any idea what tubes you're going to put in there? majornut didn't trust CP KT88's in a demanding circuit like that and NOS has outrageous prices... you may want to consider the tungsol KT120's for this job...:

KT120

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score

KT120

I have a set of KT88's from my KK2203 I'm going to through in for now.
Here's a link of the tubes.
KT88-STR TAD Premium Matched - TAD Power Tubes SELECTED

I got the amp with a blown power tube in it, which I knew it wasn't up and runnin' before I got it. After looking at it quick yesterday, it looks like the On & Off switch is blown. (Not getting any power in the amp).
I pray it's not the main transformer.
If it is, I have to have someone rebuild the input transformer or buy another one.:(
I'm just so busy right now, I haven't had enough time to take a multimeter to the amp to see what exactly is wrong with it.
I did check the fuses 10A & 3A and they are not blown and the right values.:hmm:
I will get it up and runnin' soon.
If I have to spend hundreds on parts, it will take me longer to get it runnin' but I'm not going to cheap out on this beauty.