59 Les Paul Hypothetical Question

• Thread starter thenoodler
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

looktoyourorb

Reaction score
If I found one of them I'd lock myself in the house, close the curtains, turn all lights off and refuse to go out ever again just in case something happens...gosh, I need help!

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Any suggestions for what to swop the Pups out with?
I've heard the pickups from around this time weren't great... :lol:
Ya! Get a par of zakk wylde's EMG's and tune that bitch down to B with bass strings to get those nu metal broooTell toanz... :lol:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd just get as much £££ as I could for it & pay off the mortgage!
Slash wouldn't come into it unless he wanted to buy it,then I couldn't really give 3 shiny shites if he signed,played or ate it just so long as I got paid.
End of the day it's a guitar & a ridiculously expensive one for the 'average working Joe!'

:thumb:

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I agree with most: a 100% original 1959 Les Paul Standard in absolute mint condition is best left as is. A signature on it would definitely hurt its value. A Les Paul like that would easily fetch six figures even in this crappy economy. You can read all about this in Paul Balmer's book The Gibson Les Paul Handbook : [ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/0760334706/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=8854129857&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16321657891031993223&hvpone=16.50&hvptwo=34&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_90mnsneygn_b]Amazon.com: The Gibson Les Paul Handbook: How To Buy, Maintain, Set Up, Troubleshoot, and Modify Your Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul (9780760334706): Paul Balmer, Les Paul: Books[/ame]

dreyn77

Reaction score
forget about the LP, slash is into signing car bonnets! when G'n'R came here some guy painted his car bonnet with a G'n'R's pic and slash and duff came out of the hotel and looked at it and signed it. BUY yourself a greco 'mint replica' for about $600 and put seymore 'antiquity PAF' and you have the SAME sound! with much better grade of wood. My home made guitar is exactly the same tone as '59, jimi page, slash, gary moore, etc... and only the headstock is mahogany! made from ASH, gomberea and Blackwood!

blackone

Reaction score
first I'd break the headstock off it, and drill a hole that would fit a pencil. I'd take the headstock pencil thing to slash, with one of those ghey epi snakepit abortions and have him sign that. I'd film it and upload it to youtube, with a precursor video showing that it was indeed a 59. I'd get a million hits in a week then I'd contact a reality tv producer about making a show called "Watch me fuck some cool shit up" then make shitloads of doe selling the stuff I busted to my fanboys on ebay, then go out and buy another real 59, a ferrari, a few hookers, a yacht, etc etc etc.

Some people just can't see the forrest for the trees. Slash, geez:rolleyes:

CaptainZero

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a sig if it was from Les himself. (RIP). Still, I'd want it in unDer the pick guard or in a pup cavity.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it funny someone bashing on "fanbois", having a picture in the signature of a guitar player that uses similar guitars. Why would you have a picture of some dude in your signature?
Oh wait... It's not just 'some dude', right? It's THE legend... JIMMY PAGE!!!

I smell another "fanboi"! :lol:

colchar

Reaction score
I find it funny someone bashing on "fanbois", having a picture in the signature of a guitar player that uses similar guitars. Why would you have a picture of some dude in your signature?
Oh wait... It's not just 'some dude', right? It's THE legend... JIMMY PAGE!!!

I smell another "fanboi"! :lol:

Nice try, but I am not a Page fanboi as he isn't even my favourite guitarist (Dickey Betts is). I was actually looking for a photo of the band but all the ones I found were too big to be included in a signature so I settled for a picture of Page (was thinking of going with Bonzo but that hardly fits a guitar forum and besides, we all know all drummers are weirdos).

Plus Page is far more accomplished, and is far more important to the history of rock, than Slush will ever be.

And finally, the entire premise of this thread is, quite frankly, retarded.

Wiking

Reaction score
Nice try, but I am not a Page fanboi as he isn't even my favourite guitarist (Dickey Betts is). I was actually looking for a photo of the band but all the ones I found were too big to be included in a signature so I settled for a picture of Page (was thinking of going with Bonzo but that hardly fits a guitar forum and besides, we all know all drummers are weirdos).

Plus Page is far more accomplished, and is far more important to the history of rock, than Slush will ever be.

And finally, the entire premise of this thread is, quite frankly, retarded.

Hahaha, he said slush, I find that very funny.