6100 and effects.......

• Thread starter longfxukxnhair
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
My pal just asked me where to put his MXR 10 band EQ , infront ? or in the LOOP ? you guys all run these EQ pedals , just thought i would ask ......He runs a Mesa F100 head & cab , i have been trying to get him to come over to Marshall But he's into really heavy shit and likes the Mesa's gain style he says .

We'll get back to Marshalls after this OK !! LOL !!

rjohns1

Reaction score
Here is what I run with my 6100. Eventide Pitchfactor, Eventide Modfactor, Eventide Timefactor, and a Blackstar Ht-dual. Also us an MXR dynacomp, fulltone catalyst, and an ernie ball wah pedal. I controll it all with a behringer fcb1010 midi controller. It is fantastic, between the blackstar and the amp, I have the equivalent of 7 amp channels. All controllable by pressing one button. In addition, I have all of the delay, modulation, and pitch effects I could ever imagine using. As for locations of effects, I have everything except the timefator before the head. I run the timefactor in the loop, the loop is parallel, and I have kill dry enabled on the timefactor. Basically, the timefactor only sends the repeats of the delay back to the amp. I don't have any phase issues with the effects loop, my dry tone stays pure, and it is just unreal. This is the best rig I have ever owned.

rjohns1

Reaction score
It sounds like ass in the loop, like all distortion pedals, although, if I ran it after the delay, then only the delays would be distorted. I might have to try that.

LesPaulopolis

Reaction score
Really? That's too bad. I was thinking it would be cool to fuzz half the signal. Were you using the parallel loop setting?

Darrenw5094

Reaction score
TC Electronic G-Force in the loop. Fab piece of gear. Delays, reverbs are all quality. Compression works amazing in the loop, i don't know how that it. With an expression pedal, you can do endless amount of effects on this.

It's a 19" rack though, so you will need a midi pedal to switch change the banks.

Latest posts