• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

9200 low,muffled power from one side

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Hey there all,got a question.I have a 9200 power amp with low muffled power from channel 1.It is about half as low than the other channel.I have changed tubes,speaker cables,cabs and checked with other preamp sources.Ita an older amp,dont know the year I got it used ,5881 amp.Could it be that the caps need changed.I have equal voltages on all the power tubes on chanell 1 and 2.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
New info from previous owner....He took a y cable from channel a and b and stuck the single end in a 16ohm cab.he wanted both sides of the amp to go into a single speaker.You know what happened next.He said it had problems,but I had should have asked him what he did first.I got this thing on the cheap...so if I can fix it that would be cool.

Latest posts