A-B-C-Y pedal switcher

• Thread starter junk notes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

junk notes

Reaction score
Looking for 1 guitar to 3 inputs with a combine 2 feature.

I found one the other way - 3 guitars 1 amp.
What am I looking for? :mrburns:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for 1 guitar to 3 inputs with a combine 2 feature.

I found one the other way - 3 guitars 1 amp.
What am I looking for? :mrburns:
Buy or make?
Just an instrument level could be 3 latching on/off switches - none / any / all.
Handful of parts and a box?
:hmm:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

junk notes

Reaction score
Buy or make?
Just an instrument level could be 3 latching on/off switches - none / any / all.
Handful of parts and a box?
:hmm:
IDK? I am okay with soldering; no probs, but not sure if there are buffers involved or needed, but here is what I am attempting to do. Thanks @fitz
8.jpg

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK? I am okay with soldering; no probs, but not sure if there are buffers involved or needed, but here is what I am attempting to do. Thanks @fitz
8.jpg
OK, ya got me asking myself questions.
I have a 4-hole inbound tomorrow, and I'm fairly clueless how these inputs work.

1. Is there a difference (tone/volume) between the top/bottom #1 & #2, or are they just multiple inputs for that channel?
2. Would an A/B/Y into the top#1 & top #2, set to Y be the same as the in top #1 with jumper from Bottom #1 to top #2? (like the standard jumper set-up I've seen)
3. WTF are you doing with the 3 input A/B/C/Y? :D

I'm planning to use a board with front end dirt options and EQ/TBE loop stuff.

Gutch220

Reaction score
what do you mean by a "combine 2 feature"?

are you just looking for just 1-guitar input with three outputs? If so, you can probably just use the one you already found, and just use it backwards. You don't need it to be buffered, nor would you really want it to be buffered because you'd want to be able to use it with no power-source (you don't want to need a battery for a simple ABY switch). Any batteries/power would just be for LED lights, but these aren't needed. The Radial pedal above looks pretty good, but it looks like you need to cycle through the 4 outputs rather than independently control them.

I think THIS is what you need. It's either 3-1 or 1-3, independently controlled outputs, true-bypass/non-buffered, Optional power for lights

junk notes

Reaction score

are you just looking for just 1-guitar input with three outputs? If so, you can probably just use the one you already found, and just use it backwards. You don't need it to be buffered, nor would you really want it to be buffered because you'd want to be able to use it with no power-source (you don't want to need a battery for a simple ABY switch). Any batteries/power would just be for LED lights, but these aren't needed. The Radial pedal above looks pretty good, but it looks like you need to cycle through the 4 outputs rather than independently control them.

I think THIS is what you need. It's either 3-1 or 1-3, independently controlled outputs, true-bypass/non-buffered, Optional power for lights
To blend both channels.

Yes, as posted; looking for just 1-guitar input with three outputs. I did not know you can reverse. I see other manufacturers that offer that same idea, but offer it with another pedal name. They show the diagram on one pedal 2 instruments and 1 amp for one pedal, then there is 2 amps with 1 guitar for the other.

I have been seeing lots of good reviews from members with the Radial series. Do mot want that cycling through thing happening, Also good things with the Morley. Got you about the 9v and LED's. That is okay with me. Good feature for dark lit gigs - pop in a battery for the show. (less wires is a good thing)
Thanks!

junk notes

Reaction score
OK, ya got me asking myself questions.
I have a 4-hole inbound tomorrow, and I'm fairly clueless how these inputs work.

1. Is there a difference (tone/volume) between the top/bottom #1 & #2, or are they just multiple inputs for that channel?
2. Would an A/B/Y into the top#1 & top #2, set to Y be the same as the in top #1 with jumper from Bottom #1 to top #2? (like the standard jumper set-up I've seen)
3. WTF are you doing with the 3 input A/B/C/Y? :D

I'm planning to use a board with front end dirt options and EQ/TBE loop stuff.
Nik makes really good 4 holer circuits.! Good guy! You are going to have a field day with it when it arrives!

#1 Yes, yes, yes, and yes, one for each ihole. lol

#2 & #3 Yourself and several others have the BCUII, including myself, but am not want to use the 2nd ch feature, or the effects loop features. Just for the attenuation/reamp.
I am trying to accomplish the Dan Hawkins *config.
I am sensing that you and others in the 4-holer club will definitely be checking out this setup. See if it works for you!
(*he says and shows that uses any simple AB box, but do not now his config setup, thus the A-B-C & Y. If you see something I am missing please school me on it! I just play geetar! ;-)

(I just remembered that I needed to get a Marshall PEDL-90003 footswitch for the BCUII. yes has to be a Marshall!)

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nik makes really good 4 holer circuits.! Good guy! You are going to have a field day with it when it arrives!

#2 & #3 Yourself and several others have the BCUII, including myself, but am not want to use the 2nd ch feature, or the effects loop features. Just for the attenuation/reamp.
I am sensing that you and others in the 4-holer club will definitely be checking out this setup. See if it works for you!
(*he says and shows that uses any simple AB box, but do not now his config setup, thus the A-B-C & Y. If you see something I am missing please school me on it! I just play geetar! ;-)

(I just remembered that I needed to get a Marshall PEDL-90003 footswitch for the BCUII. yes has to be a Marshall!)
I've seen that Dan Hawkins vid before, but now it's a bit more relevant.
Thanks for the link.

As far as the pedal for the BC, I have a generic 1-button.
It needs to be one WITHOUT the LED indicator.
I unknowingly got one with the LED and it would only change the channel once from 1 to 2, and not back to 1.
Clipped a leg on the LED and it works fine now.

Rudy v

Reaction score
I think lehle has something like a 1 at 3 sgos, it's for 3 amps and a 3 at 1 sgos, it's more for instruments

Attachments

• Lehle_1at3_SGoS_switchpedaal_001.jpg
    Lehle_1at3_SGoS_switchpedaal_001.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 4
  • lehle_1at3_sgos_003_back_rear.jpg
    lehle_1at3_sgos_003_back_rear.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
  • lehle_1at3_sgos_002_examples.jpg
    lehle_1at3_sgos_002_examples.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4

Gutch220

Reaction score
finding a 3-1 or a 1-3 switcher is easy, but I've never seen one with a 'blend' knob to adjust levels for each. Perhaps it's a specialty item somebody somewhere makes.
It might be easier to just make one, it shouldn't be hard.

junk notes

Reaction score
I've seen that Dan Hawkins vid before, but now it's a bit more relevant.
Thanks for the link.

As far as the pedal for the BC, I have a generic 1-button.
It needs to be one WITHOUT the LED indicator.
I unknowingly got one with the LED and it would only change the channel once from 1 to 2, and not back to 1.
Clipped a leg on the LED and it works fine now.
Glad that worked out for you with a little modding. I just picked up the Marshall PEDL-90003 $20 and shipping.:yesway:
I am modding the pedal and removing the cable and installing a Cliff jack to use with a separate cable. More modern approach.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had a few days to experiment with the inputs and jumper configurations.
Started thinking about using a junk A/B/Y I bought for the Hi/Lo inputs on my 5002.
Overthinking is one of my specialties, so I if an A/B/Y can split to the H1 & H2, why not then split the H2 to the L1?
Got a second junk A/B/Y...
45board.jpg
Dirt pedals into 1st A/B/Y
A to H1, B to 2nd A/B/Y
2nd A to H2, B to L2
3input.jpg

junk notes

Reaction score

Yes! This is closer to what I am needing. I did some homework on some of the others, and did notice that you had to cycle through, although quality pedals, that is not one of the criteria I need.
I contacted a couple of manufacturers and although they offered an ABC did not recommend using their pedal in reverse as they offered other AB pedals that did the job, just did not offer an ABC version.

The Morely Pro looks promising and could probably waiver the blend feature I am looking for..

Some of the other promising ones like the Lehle 1at3 SGoS require a transformer and is recommended ny them
1at3.jpg
1at3SG.jpg

Latest posts