• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

a choice: Jubilee 2553 vs 2555x

which one would you pick

• Total voters

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Wasn't the 2555x fairly recently available at killer blowout sale types of prices?
Just Askin'
Gene

Yes they were. I think in 2017 they were selling the 2555x for 1000 which is a steal for an amp built that well. My wife grabbed me a 2551B cab for 500 during the sale. I think I paid 1200 for the A cab back in 2015.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Yeah the small box is really cool amd as a collector's end of things, I personally would get the 2553. But I already have a 2558 amd 2525H so I don't really care about another new amp. I also prefer 2x12s for hauling purposes.
This isn't about my chpice though!!

I wish they would reissue the 2558 and a 50 watt head.

Marshall Arts

Reaction score
Hi all! Turns out the seller of the 2553 isn't selling after all! (we've all been there, let's be honest) (...)

Well, I don't blame him at all. I have a 2554, the combo, and I could never imagine wanting to part with it. It has everything I want. And so I casted my vote on the 2553 in question. But I hear a lot of good reviews on the reissues. No first-hand experience with them though. I think you're on the right track regardless

Milleniumking

Reaction score
Get the 2555x. Like all have said before, buying the old one will require some maintenance. I had one (reissue 255x) and it was a great amp. I miss it :(

contemplating getting another one now to go with my SLX....

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Get the 2555x. Like all have said before, buying the old one will require some maintenance. I had one (reissue 255x) and it was a great amp. I miss it :(

contemplating getting another one now to go with my SLX....

I almost let mine go before I learned how to dial it in.

Marshall Arts

Reaction score
Get the 2555x. Like all have said before, buying the old one will require some maintenance.

I have to agree on the maintenance part. My '87 2554 required some maintenance after all these years. I changed the filter caps and glued the loose power tube sockets to their metal mounts (not to the chassie) with JB weld to secure them as the socket connectors themselves were fine. No biggie. I like to tinker and fix stuff. I might change the sockets later.
Maybe mine was in relatively good shape.

That goes to show that old amps need care. But it is very rewarding getting them fit for rockin' again.

If that is too much hassle, I would also say 2555x

Last edited:

wmachine

Reaction score
Wasn't the 2555x fairly recently available at killer blowout sale types of prices?
Just Askin'
Gene

Yes they were. I think in 2017 they were selling the 2555x for 1000 which is a steal for an amp built that well. My wife grabbed me a 2551B cab for 500 during the sale. I think I paid 1200 for the A cab back in 2015.
Yes, it was 2017. Got mine for $990. Followed up full stack with A/B cabs for $800 ea. Never looked back. Great amp.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
X 2 for me and the best money ever spent by me . I am even thinking about a 3rd half stack , but I couldn't fit it the way I want to do it justice .

What is your plan for the three stacks? Are you planning a Wet/Dry/Wet setup? I have thought about running a second one for cleans but I have an old Peavey Deuce that I use for my cleans.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
You could run 6L6GC or KT88 with a reverb in the loop of the clean amp of a clean/dirty rig using two 2555x. It has the bias facilities for something like that.

El Gringo

Reaction score
What is your plan for the three stacks? Are you planning a Wet/Dry/Wet setup? I have thought about running a second one for cleans but I have an old Peavey Deuce that I use for my cleans.
I run them together for a huge sound . Nothing fancy just to have fun and blast the Les Paul's thru them . Using the A/B pedal to run them together .