A little 'get well' gift for Rmlevasseur

• Thread starter Macro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Macro

Reaction score
The land of cheesesteaks and soft pretzels
Rmlevasseur…

We never met in person….and aside from comments exchanged on an internet discussion board, we don’t really know each other and probably would not recognize one another if we passed by each other on the street. Likely, this is the same of many of the folks who post here at the Marshall Forum. Still…since you posted your thread back on 12/31, many folks have chimed in with their thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers. I suspect you probably got PM’s from the folks here at the board as well. It should come as no surprise that your story touched many of us…in a very real way.

About a week ago, me and a bunch of other guys here began a dialogue through PM’s and emails…and we discussed all chipping in to get you a little ‘get-well’ gift. Knowing that you already had some pretty major real-world challenges with your health, many of us doubted that guitars and amps were your highest priority right now, and yet, we all felt that maybe having something cool to look forward to might present a welcome escape for you, both mentally and physically.

Well…folks started to open their hearts and their wallets. It was decided that a gift card would be a good option so that you could use it however you wished, and given the great customer service experiences that many here (including myself) have posted about Sweetwater, I reached out to them to set this up.

I emailed my account rep and shared with him what we were thinking of, and I shared a link to the thread you posted so he had some background on the story. He in turn contacted the Sweetwater outreach Director and a few days later I received a generous contribution from Sweetwater for our gift.

So…

For starters I want to thank Sweetwater for their generosity…they had a big part in making this become reality, and could not have been more supportive!

In addition, you should know that the following folks contributed either their dollars, their prayers, or their positive energy (if not all three):

§ Barfly
§ Bear R.
§ Coronado
§ crossroadsnyc
§ Feeling Supersonic
§ FutureProf88
§ Georgiatec
§ Ghostman
§ Jethro Rocker
§ MarshallDog
§ ricksconnected
§ SmokeyDopey
§ solarburnDSL50
§ Söulcaster
§ The Ozzk
§ Tubes

(If I forgot anyone please accept my apology…lots of emails and PM’s…tried to capture it all and hope I didn’t miss anyone)

After all was said and done, we collected $370 and converted that into a Sweetwater gift certificate for you. In addition, Sweetwater kicked in another $250 gift certificate for you…for a grand total ‘Get Well’ gift of $620

So…get on the internet and start window shopping J

Then…after you have had a chance to day dream about your new gear…keep doing what your doctors and nurses tell you to do, get out of that hospital (but follow your discharge instructions) and continue to heal. Maybe in a few weeks you can post a ‘new gear day’ thread J

We were all relieved to see your recent updates…I personally loved that image of you with the acoustic in your hospital bed.

I will send you a PM explaining how to claim your gift certificates.

Very best regards from all of us – and more wishes and prayers for a continued speedy recovery,
The guys from the forum

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
WOW guys I am blown away! Thank everyone so much,and incredible by Sweetwater too. Don't make me cry as it hurts too damn much! I can honestly say this is the nicest thing a group of people I have never met in person has ever done for me. You guys have a lot of heart and a ton of class. Love you guys!

delstele

Reaction score
Thats what keeps me coming back to this board.. You can just feel the love here! Good one on all who contributed...

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job there Macro.

And best wishes to rm.

This is why this forum is, for many of us, our favourite place on the nets for talking about our amps - and for much more beyond that.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Great job Marco and thanks for putting this together.

RM - get well buddy as I know you will and let us know what you buy when the time comes...enjoy.

Macro

Reaction score
WOW guys I am blown away! Thank everyone so much,and incredible by Sweetwater too. Don't make me cry as it hurts too damn much! I can honestly say this is the nicest thing a group of people I have never met in person has ever done for me. You guys have a lot of heart and a ton of class. Love you guys!

Cry? :hmm:

Smile man!!! :D:applause::D

Get healthy and get yourself some new gear! :shred:

ricksconnected

Reaction score
Cry? :hmm:

Smile man!!! :D:applause::D

Get healthy and get yourself some new gear! :shred:

dang straight. :applause:

i dont care what one goes through in life, new gear can make it a bit easier.
only thing better than gear is friends and loved ones there with you.
rmlevasseur has friends hes never met checking in on him all hours of the day
and night. well, very much like a rock star would have. :shred:

rmlevasseur, youve handled all of this like a rock star bro, a true inspiration
for the hell we as people have to walk through sometimes.
you have displayed to us a strength and courage like none other.
i hope this experience in the end is a true blessing to you and that you can
use the story to bless others and to give them hope and courage to take
steps into the unknown, and the strength to pull through, and with a faith that
surpasses all understanding. dude, you are a rock star.

:shred:

:applause::hbang::applause:

mcblink

Reaction score
Wow you guys this is the coolest sh*t I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing a bunch of anonymous people do for another person on a forum.

Restores my faith in humanity some degree.

You're ALL fukkin' rockstars.
The world needs more folks like you.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
This was Macro's idea, it was an exceptionally nice thought, and I'm happy he was able to put it together. I hope you are feeling better!

Btw., such an incredibly nice gesture from Sweetwater as well. That's a sign of great character, and I couldn't be more impressed at the response :yesway:

Coronado

Reaction score
Hey brother, I hope you are feeling better and wearing a big smile. You have been through an amazing battle and came out even stronger. :hug:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking as well. I'm rethinking my first choice for gear purchases. :hmm:

I was thinking the same. I have a couple of small ticket items I need that I don't have to see in person fist, so I'm thinking I might just order from them rather than head into the store.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Looks like you could easily afford one of those CODE amps. They are light -very light. Your wife could lug it into the room, hook you up & you can control everything through bluetooth on your phone/tablet. In other words, you can just leave it on & stay in bed & play! :yesway:

Sweetwater's taking pre-orders & projected delivery date in March. It has built-in tremolo & all sorts of effects, sounds. Basically, the amp is just a little more weight than the speaker it's self...

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I have ordered from Sweetwater many times all with great success and customer service. Min they would have had the 2016 Gibson LPSs in stock, I would have ordered it from them but musicians Friend had them first and a great Labor Day Sale to boot. I love the high resolution pics Sweetwater has online for their guitars. This was a really nice thing they did here and I respect them for it nod I will give them more business down the road:yesway:

Macro

Reaction score
I've already thrown out a plug for Sweetwater, but I'll just share that they have the best customer service I've experienced of any online or brick and mortar music shop...hands down.

Pretty much any product, usually shipped for free, with candy, quickly, with follow up emails and phone calls to make sure things wound up right. On top of that, they are a class act as evidenced by their contribution noted above.

I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them.

mcblink

Reaction score
I've already thrown out a plug for Sweetwater, but I'll just share that they have the best customer service I've experienced of any online or brick and mortar music shop...hands down.

Pretty much any product, usually shipped for free, with candy, quickly, with follow up emails and phone calls to make sure things wound up right. On top of that, they are a class act as evidenced by their contribution noted above.

I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them.

This. Top notch customer service. I've been going to them for years. They'll even call you up a few weeks later just to make sure you're completely happy and satisfied.
And that's especially cool for a guy like me who has no music stores nearby.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
That sounds like fantastic customer service!! That they would help so much for this! Thanks Macro for the great idea! Take care rm!! You will rock this!!

Latest posts