A Pedalboard for my Fender Bassman - Suggestions

• Thread starter MoonKnighter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoonKnighter

Reaction score
I'm building a new musical project (the third!!) concerning covers of Classic Rock, electric but not Hard Rock.
The project would like to see covers of Rory Gallagher, Neil Young, Flamin' Groovies, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Velvet Underground, Rolling Stones (Mick Taylor era), The Who (from Tommy onwards), Faces, Cream, Pretenders.

I would like to use my Fender Bassman 100 Silverface with a Stratocaster with a Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Surf Set

I asked myself the question: if you had to tackle a similar musical project and with the same instrumentation, which pedalboard would you assemble? With which pedals?
What pedal sequence would you use?

I'm curious to know your opinions and "gear-fantasies".

I look forward to reading you.
Thank you.

stvyrayvhn

Reaction score
Ibanez TS-9, reverb and a tuner is pretty much all you need. I’ve been using VanAmps Soulmate Jr for reverb in my Victoria 20112. There weren’t many pedals available back in the 60’s and 70’s when these bands were producing music (except Pretenders). I don’t feel you need much to replicate them…. Maybe a Vox wah

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
I'm building a new musical project (the third!!) concerning covers of Classic Rock, electric but not Hard Rock.
The project would like to see covers of Rory Gallagher, Neil Young, Flamin' Groovies, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Velvet Underground, Rolling Stones (Mick Taylor era), The Who (from Tommy onwards), Faces, Cream, Pretenders.

I would like to use my Fender Bassman 100 Silverface with a Stratocaster with a Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Surf Set

I asked myself the question: if you had to tackle a similar musical project and with the same instrumentation, which pedalboard would you assemble? With which pedals?

Thank you.
Sounds like fun! You've already got a great amp and guitar going, so as for pedals...

As others know, I'm a Boss guy for reasons of reliability and aesthetics (YMMV!) so I would recommend the following pedals in the following order:

TU-3 Tuner -> BP-1w Booster/Preamp -> BD-2 Blues Driver -> SD-1 Super Overdrive -> CE-5 Chorus Ensemble -> DD-3 Delay

If you are a reverb, tremolo, or fuzz guy, you can substitute one of their pedals for one of the above. My feeling is that six pedals maximum is ideal. Of note, this is the least expensive array for newer pedals. If you would like to spend a bit more, you could get the Waza versions of each: TU-3w, BD-2w, SD-1w, CE-2w, and DM-2w.

Alternatively, you could go the route of IR modelers or multi effects pedals, of which there are many posts.

Happy hunting!

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
Sounds like fun! You've already got a great amp and guitar going, so as for pedals...

As others know, I'm a Boss guy for reasons of reliability and aesthetics (YMMV!) so I would recommend the following pedals in the following order:

TU-3 Tuner -> BP-1w Booster/Preamp -> BD-2 Blues Driver -> SD-1 Super Overdrive -> CE-5 Chorus Ensemble -> DD-3 Delay

If you are a reverb, tremolo, or fuzz guy, you can substitute one of their pedals for one of the above. My feeling is that six pedals maximum is ideal. Of note, this is the least expensive array for newer pedals. If you would like to spend a bit more, you could get the Waza versions of each: TU-3w, BD-2w, SD-1w, CE-2w, and DM-2w.

Alternatively, you could go the route of IR modelers or multi effects pedals, of which there are many posts.

Happy hunting!
Mine is kind of similar: TU-3 Tuner -> EP Booster -> Boss CS-2 Compressor-> Maxon OD-9 -> Rat -> Wampler Velvet Fuzz -> Keeley modded BD-2 (for boost) -> Xotic Volume Pedal. I'll add a Carbon Copy, DD-5, Walrus Fathom Reverb or other time based pedal at the end sometimes.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

Thank you.
Guitar into amp, nothing else...

MoonKnighter

Reaction score
Thanx for your first suggestions.
Relaunch: in your opinion, what about a Boss OD-3 with the Bassman?? Maybe right after a Boost/Light Od?

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Mine is kind of similar: TU-3 Tuner -> EP Booster -> Boss CS-2 Compressor-> Maxon OD-9 -> Rat -> Wampler Velvet Fuzz -> Keeley modded BD-2 (for boost) -> Xotic Volume Pedal. I'll add a Carbon Copy, DD-5, Walrus Fathom Reverb or other time based pedal at the end sometimes.
Sounds great!

lespaul339

Reaction score
Analogman Prince Of Tone or a Klon Clone, Analogman Sunface, Analogman Beano Booost. Those three pedals will get you to where you want to be.

Resident 217

Reaction score
Id just get a cheap delay and an attenuator but only if you need it to play at lower volumes and just go for it.

Latest posts