• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Abusing GC/SV20C Content

• Thread starter Gene Ballzz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I got the SC20c last week; I already have the SV20H and 2525H and various cabs with 1x12 or 2x12 in them, so I figured the SC20c would be handy as a grab and go amp. I can always plug it into the bigger cabs if I want to, but like you I've been quite impressed with the standard speaker as is. Only had one band rehearsal so far, but it kept up fine with the drummer and the rhythm guitarist on his 40 watt Fender (obviously not turned fully up).

I just think it's funny how people beat on the 10" speaker and haven't even tried it...I guess they are worried about shrinkage. :D

El Gringo

Reaction score
Good ole GC , A fella here at work has a Mesa Boogie Mark V combo with papers and cover and footswitch and all the factory stuff that came with it told me that GC offered him a thousand bucks which he turned down . I told him to sit on it and don't sell it . He tells me he doesn't use it , and I told him that someday he might want to play it again someday .

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Well folks,
I've been putting this amp through rigorous testing through both it's on board 10" and my 4x10. I've even run it gloriously cranked and unattenuated at both 20 watt and 5 watt settings! TELL YOU WHAT! Even the 5 watt setting is blazingly loud, although a bit of available clean headroom goes away at 5 watts. Still surprised at how well the single 10" holds up (sonically) at full volume. The 4x10 does a tiny bit better job of "filling the room" as well as putting some beef into the floor, although that added beef is not really needed and/or appropriate in a full band setting and simply clashes/clutters with the bass and kick drum.

On to the possible "trouble in paradise" with what originally appeared to be a perfectly functioning effects loop! More in depth testing will be required, but it is creating a similar problem that has since been corrected on my incorrectly factory wired DSL20CR. I'll post more technical details over in the WORKBENCH sub-forum! I may need some other folks to test their SV20 for me?

Just Postin'
Gene

Last edited:

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
While I can always appreciate watching a good piddlin' match, I think the intended spirit of this thread may have gotten lost. And when it comes to said piddlin' match, it's a well known fact that I can piddle longer, faster, harder and more than any other of youse guyz! :rolleyes::p:wow:
Just Swayin'
Gene

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Why all the fear of 10" speakers? They cut nicely in a band mix.

Glad you like the amp @Gene Ballzz

Sticking it to GC lol

ken361

Reaction score
While I can always appreciate watching a good piddlin' match, I think the intended spirit of this thread may have gotten lost. And when it comes to said piddlin' match, it's a well known fact that I can piddle longer, faster, harder and more than any other of youse guyz! :rolleyes::p:wow:
Just Swayin'
Gene
Yesterday I decided to plug into the input 1 treb gain maxed normal at 4 not jumped. Bass full up pres maxed treb 4,mids 6 with my Les Paul Standard it sounded really good a little more clearer and not really that bright just right! mine is over 2 years old. Was at 5 watts.

Latest posts