Accidents do happen!!with great results

• Thread starter 601 Blues
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

601 Blues

Reaction score
Ive just completed my 3rd Cd ....Night Train Express....very excited about it,I feel their is no plugs on it I love every track!
Now I had a slide tune "Leaving Mississippi Behind" I had been strugglin with tryin to get the TONE, I tried my National tri cone thru mic's and amps, NO GOOD could not nail it, Tried My National Reso Lectric,with P90's Not there!!
Last Weekend I picked up my 1970 Gibson The Paul which is a flat top LP kinda like a Jr. with 2 open face humbuckers, this was the 1st guitar I had bought for my son in 1970, the bridge pickup is shot, it has a veri thin high pitch sound when selected, however combine it with the neck pu and its got a interestin tone, So I slid a chrome slide across the strings and WHOA!! there was the TONE!!!! so I raised the bridge tuned her up, Plugged into my Plexi jumped low 1 to high 2 plugged gibby into low 2 ...and this is the best slide tone Ive ever heard!!! makes yer neck hair stand up!! So I finished the finial cut!! man what a slide axe!!! Ive owned all these yrs!!!!

Latest posts