Adam Jones Marshall

• Thread starter jonl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a big Tool fan, probably the one band that got me into guitar, along with a lot of nu-metal and black metal when I was 16/17.

I'm pretty sure Undertow is 100% Marshall. He didn't get the Boogie stuff until Aenima.

I think Opiate was all Marshall. Old photos of live performances during Undertow clearly show a Dual Rec on stage next to the Marshall. You can also watch the studio footage of Undertow on youtube and you'll see him plugged into a Dual Rec. It's hard to say if used them on the record or not but he definitely started blending them when touring for the album.

All Marshall right here... love that tone. If i was a betting man I would put $5 on there being a tubescreamer running into it. EDIT: I take that back, watching his Rig Rundown now lead me to believe it was an old MXR Micro Amp

]

Last edited:

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Have you guys seen Puscifer yet? They were pretty cool. It pisses me off that MJK doesn't give a fuck about Tool though. I was able to catch two shows during the little winter tour they did last February. They were all great.

allstar100595

Reaction score
Have you guys seen Puscifer yet? They were pretty cool. It pisses me off that MJK doesn't give a fuck about Tool though. I was able to catch two shows during the little winter tour they did last February. They were all great.

I think he's said, though I don't know if he's joking or not (can never tell with Maynard) that Tool is basically his money-maker. Anytime he wants to pad his account or needs a little cash is when Tool tours.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. There is no boogie at that JC Dobbs show. All Marshall, but it's Undertow era.

That JC Dobbs clip was before Undertow was even released. I was a HUGE tool fan back then (still am) and every show I went to (and pic I came across) had a Dual Rec on stage next to the Marshall during the Undertow days. By 1994 he started using the Diezels. Aenima was released in 1997, by that time the Boogies were long gone.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
What makes you think that?
Refusing to talk to anyone about the band, being the first to leave as soon as they play their last song. Only coming in the studio once everything is done to record his vocals.

It seems to be more of a new thing. Just in my opinion he seems to care less about Tool.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Refusing to talk to anyone about the band, being the first to leave as soon as they play their last song. Only coming in the studio once everything is done to record his vocals.

It seems to be more of a new thing. Just in my opinion he seems to care less about Tool.

That's how Tool has always operated. The band works on the music and Maynard adds his part later after the music comes together. They take a long time between albums and enjoy life. Not to mention he lives in Arizona and has a winery to tend to so he wouldn't exactly be making the best use of his time flying over to Cali each week to watch Adam and Danny hash out a new riff. As for leaving after a show, Maynard is famous... but not a celebrity and makes it no secret he plans to keep it that way.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
That's how Tool has always operated. The band works on the music and Maynard adds his part later after the music comes together. They take a long time between albums and enjoy life. Not to mention he lives in Arizona and has a winery to tend to so he wouldn't exactly be making the best use of his time flying over to Cali each week to watch Adam and Danny hash out a new riff. As for leaving after a show, Maynard is famous... but not a celebrity and makes it no secret he plans to keep it that way.
Hey I have no problem with Maynard. I love all the guys. I've loved everything they've done. And I appreciate and enjoy the wait between albums. I also love what he is doing in Arizona with the winery. We have gotten a couple of bottles and it was fantastic. I'm a fanboy just voicing a little opinion

I cannot stand people who call themselves "fans" but whine nonstop about waiting for this new album

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have to special order the wine? I doubt I'll see any down here in the South any time soon.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Did you have to special order the wine? I doubt I'll see any down here in the South any time soon.
They are really uptight about the temperature in your local area for shipping. MJK did a little tour of Whole Foods in our area where he signed bottles. Wasn't able to make it there and see him but they had a couple of bottles left that were unsigned and we swooped them up. This was a couple years ago.

JoeWV

Reaction score
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2nFILtIAlvk]Hitler Finds Out About New Puscifer EP - YouTube[/ame]

This is pretty funny, Tool fans will love it.

acosta

Reaction score
Sorry for the necromancy, but I'm hoping to get a better sense of his EQ settings. I see Presence =5, Bass =0, Mids = 12 and Treble =4. Is that what other folks see? Thanks