• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Aging Amplifiers Mayhem

• Thread starter Maçon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maçon

Reaction score
I decided to age my electric guitar and then had some ideas on how to beautifully age an amplifier.
What happened was that It was a Marshall so was inspired by old Marshall; beat up cabinet, stains, worn metal parts and torn vinyl. I intially thought too that it would be difficult to age and amp like a nice guitar but then the ideas started pouring in eventually exe. dust between the cabinet and grille cloth, no coffee or foods stains (didn't work but coffee rings would though) wear the handles, scraping the vinyl/tolex. check it out...

Maçon

Reaction score
LPStudioback.jpg
MGAgedContPanel.jpg
MGAgedFrontSide.jpg
MGAgedFrontSideCont.jpg
MGAgedFront.jpg
tawluwt

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Poor little MG. Nobody loved him before he got hit by the truck... and now he will never know what's it like to have a friend.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
and then had some ideas on how to beautifully age an amplifier

What happened to your ideas on doing this beautifully, anyway? :p
Sorry, I just can't stand relic'd gear. I'm gonna keep these pics for my collection though.

...also, it looks like you destroyed the speaker. :s

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Light it on fire, let it burn for about 10 minutes, then duct tape together what is left into a big angry ball and throw it at your drummer next time he doesn't something dumb. :p

Maçon

Reaction score
sanding, woodstain and wax to simulate sweat and the oil, but not on this amp, it's kind of ruined never liked it though.

12barjunkie

Reaction score
Why don't you just start playing gigs in the "hood" and end every gig by starting a big bar fight; your gear will get "relic'ed"

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
Your paragraph give the impression of good things, "inspired", "ideas flowing in", "aged beautifylly".....
then you see the pictures, and it is just shocking. Not to be cruel, but that equipment is not aged it is completely ruined in all shape and form. There are refined methods to be used for gently aging stuff, whereas those look like a 3rd grader stabbed them to death with an assortment of tools.

Latest posts