• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Amps we dont talk about in public.

• Thread starter ricksdisconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fat_lenny

Reaction score
Best amp I own is a Baez lead amp from the early 70’s. I don’t talk about it because no one here (well out side of the east coast of Australia) knows of them.

locally built Australian amp that is absolutely awesome. Kills any Marshall I have owned. This one is switchable from 40w class AB, to 30w class A.

Switchable between different tubes.

Pictured with is Bass sibling.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I have a Fender Champion 100 I got from Guitar Center a few years ago.

I absolutely love it. Channel 1 is just clean and doesn't have a whole lot besides onboard effects which are great to use, but Channel 2 is where it's at. It can do anything from like a Roland Jazz Chorus up to a 6505/5150, and also has the onboard effects from Channel 1.

Such a beefy and versatile amp. The 5150/6505 sound I got out of it is what I dream of having on my 800, but my current rig is satisfactory nonetheless.

Riffraff

Reaction score
$35?! Damn! You stole that. :rofl:
I bought it new from Weber. I think I paid $165 for it because I got the foot switchable bypass. I used it with a 2266 Vintage Modern halfstack to take just a bit off the top and stomp the bypass for a lead boost. It's really all you could do with those amps for a lead boost if you're running them in the HDR dirty mode.

I have a 16 ohm Hot Plate too which I used to use with a 1959SLP. When I bought my YBA-1 I needed something that would work with an 8 ohm amp so I bought a Mass 100 because it has a selectable impedance and would work with most of my amps. I kept the THD because it can handle fully attenuated 100 watt amps and it's built like a tank. I didn't need the MiniMass 50 anymore and sold it for $100. The coolest part of the Mass 100 is it's line out tone stack. That's really handy for dialing in your tone when reamping.

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
yeah i had to jump on it when i seen it pop up on CL.
its the only one ive ever used. it works good but i would
like to get me a bigger one for my 100 watters.

Riffraff

Reaction score
Once all the rage but it's SHINE has faded on the interwebs.

I broke out my Tweaker 15 head yesterday for a little jam along. It's been over a year since I've even looked at it. :lol:

Last edited:

Shardik

Reaction score
I have a Madison Divinity II I picked up off reverb for $100. Guy said it didnt work and I was looking for a project. Ended up being a bad preamp tube and it needed a bias. Never heard one before I bought it... now it's my favorite amp.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I have a Madison Divinity II I picked up off reverb for $100. Guy said it didnt work and I was looking for a project. Ended up being a bad preamp tube and it needed a bias. Never heard one before I bought it... now it's my favorite amp.

pics?

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
I don't know if they've already been covered in this thread, but where there be no Marshall I'll take a Peavey Classic into a V30-loaded cab. Here's mine:

full

full

Riffraff

Reaction score
1947 MASCO MA25P tube PA conversion

4aaT4zC.jpg

2x 6L6 power tubes (6L6GA in this video)
2x 7B4, 7F7 & 7N7 local preamp & 5U4 rectifier

I run RCA 6L6GC black plates in it now. It's AWESOME straight in with a Les Paul. Sort of like a lower powered tweed Bassman. Boost it and you get a cranked JTM45 vibe from it.

uxjPYyM.jpg

It's a bit more ratty sounding in this clip with a MIM Telecaster and a SD-1 but a cool sound nonetheless.

Hotter with a Les Paul and a Nova Drive OD.

Last edited:

Latest posts