Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Apple iPhone

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • A flip phone Or Other Choices

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

chiliphil1

Reaction score
It seems like the Samsung Galaxy is the big winner. I know it has a lot of great reviews. Apple started the smartphone, but it finally fell behind the Samsung Galaxy.

;>)/

Yeah, and that's one phone I would try out. I had so many problems with android using motorola phones that I said I would not do it again. I went to apple and have been problem free through 2 phones now. I will say this though, if one is going to go android then go samsung! They seem to be the only ones that don't suffer from constant bugs. I've got a galaxy tab and I love the thing, works out good for me though having all the options. Android tablet, iPhone, mac, and PC, so I can do whatever.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Yeah, and that's one phone I would try out. I had so many problems with android using motorola phones that I said I would not do it again. I went to apple and have been problem free through 2 phones now. I will say this though, if one is going to go android then go samsung! They seem to be the only ones that don't suffer from constant bugs. I've got a galaxy tab and I love the thing, works out good for me though having all the options. Android tablet, iPhone, mac, and PC, so I can do whatever.

That was very informative. Even my LG phone has been faring very well so far. I really like the Samsung phone with the built in stylus...it pops out easy and works well. I think it's called the notebook and same size approximately like the Samsung Galaxy 6. I was impressed with how the stylus works very well and it plugs back into the phone. I wish I had that stylus because I have Callus on my finger tips and it sometimes frustrating to scroll on my phone and text...etc.

;>)/

Trophlin

Reaction score
If you want a TRUE Android experience get a Google developed Nexus. They are also much cheaper than the majority of other brands while maintaining a top quality build. They will also get software updates first. Google Nexus should the phone that is compared to an IPhone, not the other brands as they add a bunch of other junk on top of Android that affects the performance.

Android is years ahead in technology compared to Apple. Unfortunately the majority goes unnoticed until Apple "invents" the technology years later. Apple also locks you down since it is closed source whereas Android is open source. In other words you can only do what Apple wants you to do.

I'm not quite sure why/how Samsung is the default Android phone that most people reference (I guess the marketing?). The majority of phone manufacturers add a ton of bloatware that will bog down the phone and make it slow, especially Samsung. Although the phone slowdown is becoming the thing of the past due to better coding and larger RAM. Now the huge flaw is the desire to create the thinnest phone thus giving up battery capacity. Phone manufacturers are doing away with replaceable batteries so if you want a modern phone with the capability, good luck!

Last edited:

Ghostman

Reaction score
I think Samsung is considered "the" Android phone because they control most of the market share for Android devices. I still don't see anything that Android does as "years" ahead of what Apple does. What I do see, is that every time Apple introduces something new, Android follows it up quickly there-after with a "LOOK! We can do that now too! please buy us :( "

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I think Samsung is considered "the" Android phone because they control most of the market share for Android devices. I still don't see anything that Android does as "years" ahead of what Apple does. What I do see, is that every time Apple introduces something new, Android follows it up quickly there-after with a "LOOK! We can do that now too! please buy us :( "

I have a fairly limited experience with android, being that out of the 4 android phones I had 3 of them were Motorola. The reason I say get a Samsung is that they're the only ones I have seen that seem to be reasonably stable. The motos would get worse and worse over time until they had to be replaced because they just weren't useable anymore. However Samsung seems to not do that, they can last for years, like the iPhones can.

Trophlin

Reaction score
I think Samsung is considered "the" Android phone because they control most of the market share for Android devices. I still don't see anything that Android does as "years" ahead of what Apple does. What I do see, is that every time Apple introduces something new, Android follows it up quickly there-after with a "LOOK! We can do that now too! please buy us :("
True about Samsung but they are not the greatest example of the Android platform.

What has Android quickly followed up with to show that they can do what Apple does?

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I'm still using a motorola flip phone (might be the razor???) that's at least ten years old.
It's never quit working so I just keep using it.
I did replace the battery once.
I view keeping it is a small act of sedition. lol

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I had problems with my Motorola flip phone in the past. Opening and closing it to answer the phone caused the screen to go blank. The warranty wouldn't cover it and I wasn't too happy about that!

;>)/

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I'm still using a motorola flip phone (might be the razor???) that's at least ten years old.
It's never quit working so I just keep using it.
I did replace the battery once.
I view keeping it is a small act of sedition. lol

Man, that makes me think of when I was on Nextel. I had the i880.. The king of the hill. The TV show CSI from back then, all the actors used this phone because it was THE baddest phone out there.. Color screen with light up keys HELL YEAH! I remember the coolest feature (to me) was that there was a little button on the side which opened the phone, like a switchblade!!

It's amazing how far we have come in 10 years. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Motorola-i880_id1772

Salsg

Reaction score
Started on iPhone upgraded to samsung galaxy and will never go back.
No comparison. Samsung/Android does everything better and I'm not forced to use that shitty itunes

rick16v

Reaction score
I hate iTunes. User error maybe, but the risk of messing up is quite large. I plugged my iPod into my parents PC just to charge it up. Autosync was enabled, iTunes replaced my 1000 songs with the 3 songs my parents had on their PC :cool:

I was slightly annoyed.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I hate iTunes. User error maybe, but the risk of messing up is quite large. I plugged my iPod into my parents PC just to charge it up. Autosync was enabled, iTunes replaced my 1000 songs with the 3 songs my parents had on their PC :cool:

I was slightly annoyed.

Yeah, you gotta be careful with that.. The main thing I hate about iTunes is that you have to store the music on your computer. If you don't the next time you plug it it all goes away. If it were any other MP3 player I could add single song to it without having to have the other 2,000 saved on my computer, but not iTunes.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Yeah, you gotta be careful with that.. The main thing I hate about iTunes is that you have to store the music on your computer. If you don't the next time you plug it it all goes away. If it were any other MP3 player I could add single song to it without having to have the other 2,000 saved on my computer, but not iTunes.

ummmm, maybe I'm not gathering what you are saying, but I don't have all my music on my computer. It's all in the settings. If you have "Sync checked music" on then yes, every time you plug in, it "syncs" the music. I use "manage music manually" and I can select one or two songs, or an entire album. When I plug in, it syncs, but my music doesn't change. Now with Apply Music all my music is stored in the cloud and is available on all my family devices. Beautiful thing if you know how to get the most of it.

Just like any service or device. :shrug:

Ghostman

Reaction score

I was slightly annoyed.

That's odd because whenever I plug my iPhone or iPod into someone else's PC to charge, it just comes up with "not authroized on this account" No deleted files, no issues.

rick16v

Reaction score
Hmmm, this was about 7 years ago or something. Maybe this has been rectified?

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Zombie thread, but wanted to say that a couple months ago, I would have said iPhone. But given their newest "innovations", my wife and I jumped ship and got S7 Edges.

I'll admit that iPhone has better designed features, but the amount of features don't add up to Samsung and Android.

Durden

Reaction score
Sony Xperia's and HTC m9 for me, never had a apple never cared for fruit.

Latest posts