Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Apple iPhone

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • A flip phone Or Other Choices

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I don't understand the hangup on the removable battery man. I had several androids and they did daily lock up so bad I had to pull the battery to correct it, after 3 years of that crap I switched to iPhone, and I have never had an issue since that wasn't due to sharing apple ID with others in the family at first. Once I got that sorted its been smooth sailing since the 4S, on my second 6 now (skipped the 5 but wife had one) and I only got a second one because my daughter wanted one, so she got mine and I got one with more memory. We haven't had a single battery issue and have 4 active phones and an iPad on our account, including the older ones we upgraded out of.

That's interesting! My be-lated wife had battery problems with her iPhone after I think a year or two. She had to buy a new one after I guess 3 years. At the time, the phone was around $500...a $500 battery which it was. It's good that you haven't experienced that so good for you. It all depends on the phone itself, whether is well made or not.

;>)/

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
wow that's unlucky, I am pretty sure the battery is covered in the warranty, they likely would have replaced the phone for you. Not sure if I missed something, belated wife?

BlackSG91

Reaction score
no "removable" battery, but, if you're savvy enough, you can pop the deviceopen & change it yourself. If you really need a new battery & can't do it yourself (or are just afraid to) you can take it into the Apple store & they'll change it for you...

Also, you can buy battery packs that will power the devices...

That deserves a Mutley snicker! At least I know if my phone ever breaks down, I can look into Apple for an option if they can a battery. Mutley sure could use an iPhone...he has the ears for it! He can use his goggles to hold the phone in place for hands free conversations.

g3BFcF.gif

;>)/

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
oh man, so sorry for your loss. I am not sure how I missed that, I did take some time away from the webs for a bit last year.

mcblink

Reaction score
Maybe I got lucky, but I've been using the same Samsung galaxy S3 for about five years now. It's only lately begun to act up. This thread is relevant to my interests because I'll be looking to replace and upgrade in the near future.

BowerR64

Reaction score
Maybe I got lucky, but I've been using the same Samsung galaxy S3 for about five years now. It's only lately begun to act up. This thread is relevant to my interests because I'll be looking to replace and upgrade in the near future.

Same here, i think its one of the best phones ive had so far. Ide still be using it if i hadnt rolled over it in the drive and cracked the screen. I then went to walmart and got new one for $100. pay as you go phone and just dropped my sim card into it. Only part of T-mobile i like, switch phones that quick

Penguinchit

Reaction score
iPhone. I like the simplicity and build quality. I don't like the limited storage. Don't need much, so I don't need Android. I use my phone for calls, texts, internet and Fun Run 2. Other than that, it's a phone, just like the rest of them. If I was smart enough to get a phone to do all the stuff Android is capable of doing, I still wouldn't because I am lazy and never finish things that I sta

rich88uk

Reaction score
I work for one of the big UK networks. On my staff discount I get my airtime for free and just pay for the phone. Since I started there I've gone from iPhone 4, 4s, 5, Sony z1, z3, Samsung s6 and now I've got a Samsung s7 edge. I much prefer android, would never go back to an iPhone now. I hated iTunes, I like the option of extra storage and I found the battery life on the iPhones were not good. This s7 edge I only have to charge every other day

Dmann

Reaction score
I went with Apple and the Iphone 4 when it was a new release, biggest mistake of my life. IOS is the worst operating system ever created. Requiring iTunes is the Devil.

currently using a SS Galaxy S5, Android OS completely destroys IOS in ALL aspects of usage... even my 5 year old who's starting grade 1 next fall, where they use Apple iPads, likes the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 better and always says how the iPad is annoying... lol.

mcblink

Reaction score
Same here, i think its one of the best phones ive had so far. Ide still be using it if i hadnt rolled over it in the drive and cracked the screen. I then went to walmart and got new one for $100. pay as you go phone and just dropped my sim card into it. Only part of T-mobile i like, switch phones that quick
Mine is only 3G so that kinda sucks, but otherwise I think they're great phones. I've been using straight talk for several years now.

I'm looking at the S6. My wife has one and it seems pretty nice

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
It depends on how much you use it. i only charge my I phone 5S every other day :)
I can usually go 3-4 days & I use Pandora an hour every day while I do my workout. I don't use it a lot other than that, but it is my main phone & lately, I've been getting a lot of robocalls w/ spoofed numbers. Google searches on all numbers, say that they either are a Solar company, or "you've won a free trip to the Bahamas!" most of the time...

Greatwhitenorth

Reaction score
I recently had the choice to move from an iPhone 4S to either the 5S or a Galaxy S5. Even though I have had iPhones for years, I decided to try the S5 out knowing that I could go back and get the 5S if I really wanted to. I'm actually really impressed with the Samsung. It works much better as a phone than the 4S did. It's a ton faster than the 4S and it holds a charge through an entire day. I'm constantly using my phone for work so it had to be reliable. If I ever have to go and buy a personal cell phone, I'll definitely get a Samsung.

JimiRules

Reaction score
I recently had the choice to move from an iPhone 4S to either the 5S or a Galaxy S5. Even though I have had iPhones for years, I decided to try the S5 out knowing that I could go back and get the 5S if I really wanted to. I'm actually really impressed with the Samsung. It works much better as a phone than the 4S did. It's a ton faster than the 4S and it holds a charge through an entire day. I'm constantly using my phone for work so it had to be reliable. If I ever have to go and buy a personal cell phone, I'll definitely get a Samsung.

I'm a big fan of the the Samsung Galaxy phones too. I had a 3, 4, and I just got a 6 a month or two ago.

BowerR64

Reaction score
I think in the mid 90s is when i said ill never be an apple user. There was some program you had to use to watch video files that were made on an apple computer im thinking it was called "realplayer" or something like that. I swear it would not go away, it just kept worming its way back into my start bar and constantly kept popping up. Then some years later when early versions of the ipod came around i didnt like how you had to register it and everything was proprietary i quickly got rid of it for cheaper devices that you just plugged in and could drag and drop files over converting them to a file type only the ipod could play.

I do wish though i would of jumped into the company back when stock was something like 23 a share

BlackSG91

Reaction score
It seems like the Samsung Galaxy is the big winner. I know it has a lot of great reviews. Apple started the smartphone, but it finally fell behind the Samsung Galaxy.

;>)/

Latest posts