Angus/malcom sing.... marshall

Should the young brothers from AC/DC get there own signature Marshall

• yes!, already been too long needs to be fixed like NOW!!

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • No, what can they offer that is not stock in Marshalls already

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes because they would be Marshall JTM 45 Plexis which
are just yummy, and Malcum uses 1959 Super Lead 100 reissues.

Reaction score
i read that angus has his JTM 45 Plexi which he has had right from the start he uses it live and in the studio. live he has it under the stage in isolation cab... away from noise mic up and sent to mixing desk.
Just type in angus and then malcom in the wikkipidia on the net. it tell everything they have used.

Last edited:

Glade

Reaction score
I say yes but in reality it is a very basic older Marshall sound I believe. Nothing moded or nothing hidden. Just straight SG/Angus/Marshall.

But what the hell, they deserve it!:dude:

PaoloJM

Reaction score
I say yes but in reality it is a very basic older Marshall sound I believe. Nothing moded or nothing hidden. Just straight SG/Angus/Marshall.

But what the hell, they deserve it!:dude:

^+1.

I think they do deserve it. If anyone (not in the know) asks me what the "Marshall sound" is I say AC/DC (amoungst others).

However it would be a very dull signature model, more a re-issue really, and that's already been done. One of the things I've always admired about Angus is the simplicity of his rig, no mods, effects or tweaks other than the sound the amp naturally produces.
That's great but why buy the signature model then?
Maybe they should use school-uniform tolex or a thunderbolt through the Marshall logo?!? :lol:

Reaction score
If anyone knows someone that works at marshall or can contact marshall company they should let them know about this forum or about idea of getting there own amps.

Jules

Reaction score
sorry for delay but i have a problem with my jtm45. I think that the jtm45 re-issue that i have doesnt get the vintage sound when i setting it at full volume. The rests of jtm45 that you have happen the same like mine?. sorry for my bad engils xD

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
What people say is, Angus himsels doesent know what he amp uses, he asks for the big marshalls at the musicstore!LOL!

Ken

Reaction score
Not that the Youngs need the money, but so many people want the AC/DC sound that Marshall could easily do a signature amp; maybe something like a VM...

Of course, it's all in the fingers as far as I'm concerned.

Ken

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I think people will be lining up for that one if it has something unique about it. But because it is just a stock JTM 45 people may save themselves some money and just opt for the JTM45 reissue.

Sorry i voted no also. At first I thought it would be a great idea and such a money spinner.

Guitar, lead and Amp....the rest is Angus. I dont think Angus ,Jimi page or Richie Blackmore need a signature amp. The holy grail Plexi is their signature amp.

But on the other hand.... if marshall want to sell a shitload of amps.....?

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea. Make it a 2-channel to switch between a JTM45 and a Super Lead voicing, and it would be nice to achieve that tone at lower volumes for those of us who don't have the luxury of playing on 10 all the time.

Concept art:
marshall_angus.jpg

plexi-paul

Reaction score
I like the idea. Make it a 2-channel to switch between a JTM45 and a Super Lead voicing, and it would be nice to achieve that tone at lower volumes for those of us who don't have the luxury of playing on 10 all the time.

Concept art:
marshall_angus.jpg

Get rid of the plastic power/standby switches, go with the vintage tolex and piping, and make it a smaller logo and you have it!

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted no also because when I think of the most organic Marshall tone I think of AC/DC. Guitar, amp, and that's it. They used JTM's originally then moved on to 1959's. Not exclusively though, Angus and Malcom both have a bunch of Wizard amps as well, which are inherently Marshall copies anyway. Plus, these two guys probably haven't had to set up their own rigs in over 30+ years! So what would really be different in a signature series? I'm a fan of every member of that band past and present, but I agree with the Aussie on this one. There is and was no need for a Hendrix stack or Angus/Malcom stack as there was not anything special about their amps. Sure it would be cool and all, but it would be just like Gibson takes a completely stock Les Paul and puts someone's name on it and jacks the price up $2000. It's B.S. marketing by screwing the consumer. Same with the 2203ZW, is there anything special about it? At least the 2203KK tied in with his out-of-amp effects such as the gate and EQ curve, but even still I'd rather have a stock 2203 with those pedals to get the signature sound instead of someone else's interpretation of such.

That is what has always bugged me about signature stuff anyway, especially in amplifiers. The signature amplifier is never a proper representation of the tone that was made famous, but instead it is what the artist is craving at the time and what they can now improve upon since they've been given the luxury.

It kills me when people go out and get the Kramer, and the EVH pickups and the 5150 to try to nail old Eddie's tone. Same for any other artist, Metallica, ZZ Top, and whoever else. Those tones are coming from any number of amplifiers and the effects can come anywhere from outboard gear to something as simple as microphone placement. Any number of things can alter sound and recreating something in a different environment with all different factors involved to me is quite silly. We are all on the quest for ultimate tone but once something is recorded, broken down, and mastered, that sound will never be achieved exactly the same ever again.

JohnH

Reaction score
make a small one, for practice and busking, with battery or mains power so it can run on AC, or DC :)

John