Any GLAM METALERS around?

• Thread starter carnada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carnada

Reaction score
Did you ever see the Ibanez Iceman that Paul Stanley played with the cracked mirror top? It's awesome. The Iceman has been around since the 70's and got somewhat popular in the 80's. Although Kramer was one of the hottest selling guitars, especially in 85 and 86 when they outsold Fender and Gibson.

I'd like to know how old Mick Mars is. He was a lot older than the other guys in Motley Crue. I just looked it up. He is 58. Good. He is older than me. +1

I have seen that mirror broken guitar that paul stanley had....unfortunately, he broke it here at the OTTAWA show. I WAS there right in front of it, and he broket it literally right in front of my face lol. He scratched it at the beginning with the floor and then he said "should I break it??" and then people was like "YEAHH!!" and he kissed the guitar and then smashed it on the ground :(

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I'll bet the guy (can't think of his name but it is listed) that spent all the time putting that guitar together for Stanley really got off on him smashing it. I guess when you have as much money as Paul Stanley you can smash as many guitars as you want.

woodddj

Reaction score
KISS are comeing to birmingham alabama oct 24th, tickets go on sale this saterday. ive seen kiss 3 times, once without makeup and twice with. this will be the 4th time they have been here. im so stoked because i get to carry my 13 year old son to his first concert. and to beat it all, it will be a KISS concert.:rock: how is that for a 13th birthday party????:rock::dude::rock:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Well, I have seen KISS over a dozen times and I'm not that big of a fan. It's just that I have some friends that work for KISS and I always get VIP seating and backstage passes. These guys aren't spring chickens anymore. To me, their show is toned down, because they can't muster the stage energy. I mean they will probably still have Paul Stanley going through the air on a cable, but that's getting old as so many have done it. And Gene can only blow so much smoke and fire and bleed so much fake blood.

If I was 13 and was going for the first time, I'm sure I would think it was cool.

I missed the whole KISS thing by about ten years. All of the guys in my Phoenix band were 10 years younger than I was and they all thought KISS was a super band. KISS is the most successful band in terms of income received, but I will never put them on the same shelf as real super talented musicians.

woodddj

Reaction score
Well, I have seen KISS over a dozen times and I'm not that big of a fan. It's just that I have some friends that work for KISS and I always get VIP seating and backstage passes. These guys aren't spring chickens anymore. To me, their show is toned down, because they can't muster the stage energy. I mean they will probably still have Paul Stanley going through the air on a cable, but that's getting old as so many have done it. And Gene can only blow so much smoke and fire and bleed so much fake blood.

If I was 13 and was going for the first time, I'm sure I would think it was cool.

I missed the whole KISS thing by about ten years. All of the guys in my Phoenix band were 10 years younger than I was and they all thought KISS was a super band. KISS is the most successful band in terms of income received, but I will never put them on the same shelf as real super talented musicians.

i respect your opinion on kiss. and i know they are not the best musicians in the world. there are alot of people that like and dislike the band. not just kiss, but other bands also. i will agree that there stage energy was much higher in 91 when i first saw them verses there reunion and farewell tour. but i cant help it im a diehard kiss fan, and if they are still rock it out at the age of 80, im still going to be there.

80's Rocker

Reaction score
I just got my Charvel guitar, its a model 1 in red with maple board! It is my 1st "80's" guitar and I LOVE IT. It is without a doubt one of the best guitars I have played, and I have played some nice Gibson Les Pauls. I got it for.....$175! I would have never guessed that price for such an amazing guitar. I am going to add the floyd rose when I get the money and a different pickup. Any other suggestions other than that?

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
When you get a chance, post a pic. Does it have the stock p'up in it? Wow! $175 for a Charvel. Not bad. They are jamming guitars with the right p'up in it.

Did you get this at a pawn shop or a music store?

80's Rocker

Reaction score
mycharvel.gif

There it is. I got it at a music store. It does have the original pup in it and I am probably gona put a dimarzio super distortion in its place along with a black floyd rose. The only thing wrong with it is the sustainer at the top is a tad loose and I dont have a trem arn for it. It plays, sounds and looks great. It is probably my favorite guitar I have ever played and it wasnt even $200 lol. Besides the pup and floyed, what else you think I should add? I was thinking maybe schaller tuners in black and black strap locks but I havent decided yet.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Well a Dimarzio Super Distortion is one of my all time favorite p'ups. Maybe that's why they still make it. It kills in the bridge position.

I was going to say put Sperzel locking tuners on it, but you are going with the Rose. The Schaller's sound good.

When you put all of that on this guitar, it still will be a bargain.

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Thanks. Have you ever had a floyd installed on a guitar by somebody? I am trying to see about how much that will run because I know the floyd already costs $180 by itself.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
great choice of trem by the way , the original floyds are the best for total abuse
with a whammy bar , are you going to have it flush route or resested ?

great little project you have on the go !!

80's Rocker

Reaction score
great choice of trem by the way , the original floyds are the best for total abuse
with a whammy bar , are you going to have it flush route or resested ?

great little project you have on the go !!

Thanks, and um to be honest I am not quiet sure the difference between flush route and resested I always knew there were 2 routes but I never asked the difference as I never had a trem until recently. So what exactly is the difference?

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
flush route will only let you dive the trem etc , and a resesed route will allow you to
pull up on the trem as well as dive the trem , this is very cool if you are into alot of
whammy action !!!!

most good luthiers or guitar mod guys will have a jig to make a neat job of this !

great axe to start with , its just beggin' for some love !!!!!!

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I thought that was the case but I wasnt sure. I will probably get resesed so I can to more things with it. Yea its a good little axe, I get the feeling I am playing "that guitar" when I pick it up, it just feels made for me and I cant wait to get the upgrades on it. How much you think a good luthier would charge to reses and install the floyd on it?

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Lucky! He has one of my favorite tones ever on round and round (others too but thats my fav. tone he has). RATT is probably one of my bands I listen to the most and might even be able to consider my favorite even though I dont like to say I have a favorite.

Latest posts