Any GLAM METALERS around?

• Thread starter carnada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

80's Rocker

Reaction score
This is Krokus, an awesome band that I heard for the first time today while I was watching "metal mania" on vh1 classics!

Krokusband4.jpg

Krokusband3.jpg

Krokusband1.jpg

krokus-788994.jpg

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
There was a guy named Bob Rissi, he worked with Don Randall. They were both amp designers for Fender. Well of course, Don was quite successful, but Bob catered to the high end. His amps are freaking huge, because of the transformers he used. He sold the amps under the name of RISSON. Here are some very old pictures of some of his clientele.

A very, very young Slash.

SLASH1.jpg

Slash2.jpg

Nikki sixx anyone?

nikkisixxcolorSMALL1.jpg

Lita plays RISSON?

LITAFORDSMALL1.jpg

A skinny kid name Joe Walsh.

joewalsh2.jpg

RissonStack.jpg

You can check out his website. He is once again making these amps, but they are expensive. Here is the link to his pricing.

Amplifier Spec's & Price

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Thought I would pop a couple of posts in here to turbo boost this thread. I figure you would dig the Slash (when he played in Black Sheep) pics and of course Nikki Sixx doing an ad? What's up with that? The poor guy had to make a buck or two.

Funny, after all the noise, all of these artists went back to Marshall's.

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Marshalls just cant be beat. They just have a certain feel and sound that makes you feel good when you play. I think is weird to see slash so young and without a les paul and marshall. That Nikki Sixx pic was kinda cool though lol.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Marshalls just cant be beat. They just have a certain feel and sound that makes you feel good when you play. I think is weird to see slash so young and without a les paul and marshall. That Nikki Sixx pic was kinda cool though lol.

I wish I could go back to 1974. I was hooked on top of the line Peavey's. I had the MACE 212 Black Widow Combo and the 212 Renown. Both of those amps sounded good for 1974 and they were switchable two channels...and of course I was into southern rock and all of the big bands were using Peavey.

...I had a good job and made plenty of money for a 19 year old. I wish now that I had been more into Marshall. In 1974, I was aware of them, but where I lived, owning a big Peavey was the thing. I regret not buying some of the Marshall's available between 1974 and 1980. My first Marshall was an 800 and I believe it was an 82 or 83 model. I had it for six years and then I sold it and got a 900 Dual Reverb, because at the time Billy Gibbons was supposedly using them. In 94 I bought another 800. It was an 1986 model I believe. Then I had a Mesa Boogie MKII. I know a lot of people really liked this amp, but I sold it. I ended up on a whim, buying a 1999 DSL401 as a practice amp. I liked it so much that if you look in my SIG, you will see I really got hooked on The JCM2000 amps.

However, I still would like to say I have some of the older Marshall's. I have the ability to try out a lot of different amps every month. My friend Joe (SolarBurnDSL50) knows that I am gassing for either a Fuch's or a Twister F3 head. It sounds so frigging good. One channel amp that goes from clean to super crunch with a twist of the guitar volume knob. And they're less than $2000 for a 50 watt boutique amp all hard wire, no solid state. The Fuch's have more to select from and are more costly.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Just putting in a couple of posts to keep this thing going. Hello to all my GLAM/METAL fans. Got anymore pics?:wave::wave::wave:

80's Rocker

Reaction score
I will get to work on that! I just need to think of some bands or guitar stuff I can post. Why dont we have a contest to see who can find THE most 80's guitar ever. I mean
-crazy body shape
-bright strange pattern or color
-reverse headstock
-anything else strange
anything like this and see maybe by next week if we can all agree on one thats the most 80's ever! C'mon we can't let this thread die Marty!

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Good to hear from you 80's Rocker. Damn, I have so many threads going I feel like I need to be the editor of a newspaper.

When I get the time, I will post some stuff.

thrawn86

Reaction score
Here's one for ya'.....why don't we start with One 80's hair band and 'Family Tree' it out to see what other bands/projects each member (mostly the guitarists/bassists) went on to do, as well as anything they may have been in prior to. When one band is exhausted, go to another!:wave:

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Here's one for ya'.....why don't we start with One 80's hair band and 'Family Tree' it out to see what other bands/projects each member (mostly the guitarists/bassists) went on to do, as well as anything they may have been in prior to. When one band is exhausted, go to another!:wave:

Hmmm that sounds like a good idea. Did Warren DeMartini ever do anything other than RATT?

80's Rocker

Reaction score
I am posting probably some of the last pics this thread will get. Becaused just like the 80's...its ending. It was my favorite thread ever though and it was tons of fun. But no matter how many times we try to revive it, it just never happens.
stryper.jpg

stryper.jpg

stryper-21.jpg

stryper.bmp

stryper1.jpg

superimposedmedia

Reaction score
80's music will never die. At least not until I die. Albeit, I'm not much a fan of those you posted, save Blackie Lawless.

80's Rocker

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI8ylsHKIMg]YouTube - Stryper-Calling on you[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xU6lskC2xc]YouTube - LOUDNESS-Crazy Nights (Official Music Video)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewXdkY3880]YouTube - Cinderella - Somebody Save Me[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEnE5DHrJkE]YouTube - Krokus - Ballroom Blitz[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzO-DJBC9Y]YouTube - Ratt-Round and Round (Official Music Video)[/ame]
(Round and Round is my favorite!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTrRRF8KoA]YouTube - Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood: Edited[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_tIL_UPOg]YouTube - Wayne's World No Stairway to Heaven/Garth's Solo[/ame]

wait woops lol how did that get in there?! :lol:

woodddj

Reaction score
waynes world is a timeless classic, i still quote parts from that movie. party on!!!