Any Rumours about the 50th Anni Model..

• Thread starter ddaxe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
i can compare the JVM with a JCM800 every week...
it is far from "missing it's mark" but it needs more time to tweak... which is not what everybody wants and i can understand that... anyway, both team up very well

over at the JVM-forum some guy is modding his, to get a true copy of the 2203 and 1959 signal paths... he doesn't think the JVM is badly voiced, he just like it to make it into a copying machine... many people think wrongly, that the JVM is a modelling amp using tube technology... altough marshall themselves market them as the all in one marshall people have to look it as an amp in it's own right

anyway.... the 50th anni?
a preamp hybrid between the 2203, VM and JVM, using the AFD100 poweramp...
in any case i hope it wont be another reïssue... there are enough of those

gjohnson

Reaction score
A new true valve version JMP1 housed in a JMP head box w stereo valve power section.:hmm:
Cause heads look cooler than rack gear!

Alowerdeep

Reaction score
"The Mark"..meaning that it comes up way short of sounding like a true Marshall amp should when comparing to the amps of the past or to be expected of something being built upon what is already available....There just seems to be other amps out there that sound better and more like a modern marshall should than the JVM's do.Blackstar comes to mind as one and they are fairly inexpensive and very versatile.....JVM's do have a good tone to speak of and work well in a live situation,they just sound like a company that is building an amp to sound like a Marshall copy.....not really much to dialing them in..it is a very user friendly amp and you can get good tones out of it,just sounds kind of like a prosessor or something to my ear and alot of the people I have encountered that have owned them or heard them.....but,tone is very subjective...what sounds awesome to some sounds terrible to others....

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
"The Mark"..meaning that it comes up way short of sounding like a true Marshall amp should when comparing to the amps of the past or to be expected of something being built upon what is already available....There just seems to be other amps out there that sound better and more like a modern marshall should than the JVM's do
that's an opinion presented as fact... i don't agree

JVM's do have a good tone to speak of and work well in a live situation,they just sound like a company that is building an amp to sound like a Marshall copy.....not really much to dialing them in.. it is a very user friendly amp and you can get good tones out of it,just sounds kind of like a prosessor or something to my ear and alot of the people I have encountered that have owned them or heard them.....
on the contrary... dialing them in is more important then most people who have owned or heared one, even think.... be it the tone controls, channel volume vs master volume, gain settings on certain modes and of course the biassetting... as i said earlier: it takes more time then some people are willing to take, which in my opinion is understandable... it is far from plug 'n play if you're sceptical about tone

but,tone is very subjective...what sounds awesome to some sounds terrible to others....
aint that the damn truth?:dude:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
"The Mark"..meaning that it comes up way short of sounding like a true Marshall amp

Thats not true at all.

You should at least try one out and give your own unbiased opinion about it.

j2112c

Reaction score
... altough marshall themselves market them as the all in one marshall people have to look it as an amp in it's own right

Absolutely. My thoughts on the JVM too.

...it comes up way short of sounding like a true Marshall amp.
...and
There just seems to be other amps out there that sound better and more like a modern marshall should than the JVM's do.
...and
just sound like a company that is building an amp to sound like a Marshall copy.....
...and
just sounds kind of like a prosessor or something to my ear
... I disagree with all of these statements, particularly the comment on what a 'Modern Marshall' should sound like. It should sound well...Modern! So it must be high gain for modern metal, while still retaining traditional Marshall tones.
I think it does that and a lot more. It is a tour de force and though I grant it misses a little harmonic sparkle, it does not sound at all like a processer.

Each to their own I suppose, but I think time will prove it to be an excellent model and a worthy flagship.

As for the 50th... Let us see if the AFD 100 crosses from signature model to general acclaim.. If so.. I will have one in Old English White (cream!) and Gold, with a plaque on it!

Jesstaa

Reaction score
It'll probably be a DSL in different clothing. They've been using the DSL for all their special editions lately, including Jim Marshall's 85th anniversary and the Movember Marshalls.

If it's another DSL I'll be beyond disappointed, there's thousands of the fuckers out there, and this is the 50th anniversary for Marshall, surely something better than a DSL is in order.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's another DSL I'll be beyond disappointed, there's thousands of the fuckers out there, and this is the 50th anniversary for Marshall, surely something better than a DSL is in order.

I agree. There are so many DSL's already, probably the most Marshalls ever made are DSL's?

What about a JTM with Santiagos power attenuation, and effects loop. Beat that suggestion anyone?

Bloodrock

Reaction score
I second the Jubilee idea. It was perfect as the 25th aniversary model, and I don't think they've made a better sounding amp yet. :)

tarznamps

Reaction score
How about an EXACT copy of the very first Marshall ever made. That would be a true 50 year anniversary model.

plexilespaul

Reaction score
hello everybody,
new to the forum but not to marshalls. been gigging and playing for 30 years.
50"th ann??? they have to be a celebration of tone-raw,crunchy and thumpy but simple in design circuit wise. they should have the look of an old plexi but the crunch of a silver jubilee.