Any Stoneage or Petersen cabs owner ?

• Thread starter d2_racing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

d2_racing

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if anyone here own that brand of cabs ?

soundboy57

Reaction score
Great cabs, both, from what I hear. Never owned one.
Avatar is the best for the money, along with Sourmash.
Good luck with your new cab search.

sricabla

Reaction score
I have a 2X12 Peterson and is worth every penny of your purchase. The craftsmanship and sound that comes out of them is second to none. There not cheap, but very reasonable for what you get. If you're playing any sort of hard rock/punk stuff, depending on what speakes you put in, will give you many, many years of service. I'm just a very happy customer.

d2_racing

Reaction score
I plan to buy with it a Celestion Creamback G12M-65

stratburst

Reaction score
I have a Stone Age 1x12 for grab and go gigs and I agree it doesn't get much better. It's well made and is very musical and alive sounding. John it great to work with. ~Chris

EndGame00

Reaction score
I have a Stone Age 1x12 for grab and go gigs and I agree it doesn't get much better. It's well made and is very musical and alive sounding. John it great to work with. ~Chris

How is the 1x12? I hear people claim it sounds bigger than any single cab in the market....

stratburst

Reaction score
How is the 1x12? I hear people claim it sounds bigger than any single cab in the market....

I don't have any other 1x12s to compare it too but for perspective I also have a an original 1968 basketweave cab so it's in good company. I opted for the 3 panel back so I can run it open or closed.

It's extremely well made, fine furniture quality. Even the inside of the cab is finished. John clearly takes pride in his work.

One thing I noted is that it got better sounding over time like a good acoustic guitar does as the wood dries out. More resonant and lively sounding. Best couple of hundred I spent on gear in a while.

Nick B.

Reaction score
I just (today) set up my first ever Petersen cab.

I had Matt replicate the specs of a mid-1970s Marshall 2045 2x12; I put a pair of 1975 Celestion G12H 30w 55hz Blackbacks into it and....HEAVEN!

The cab itself is a musical instrument!

I have two original 1975/6 Marshall 2045 cabs which changed my musical life!, and the new Petersen cab with the old speakers in it is every bit as great as the old Marshall cabs! (very with similar but different qualities).

The Petersen cab rings like a bell!

All I can say is...Thanks Matt!

My amp tech (who set up the cab for me) and who is also a fine woodworker/furniture restorer was in awe of Matt's craftsmanship! (and so am I).