Anyone can write a childrens book

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
pitcher?

pitcher-stats1.png

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
You act like that's news. People were aware of that in the 1800's. I know, because I saw it on an episode of Little House On The Prairie.

Its not News, its fact. Lets distinguish the two.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you didn't read the "Little House On The Prairie" part? :rofl:

You assume that I’m hep to the backstory of Little House on the Prairie.
The Engles comes to mind, Engles means English in Latin I think so that takes me to New England and turkeys.

Hiw did I do?
🍗

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
You assume that I’m hep to the backstory of Little House on the Prairie.
The Engles comes to mind, Engles means English in Latin I think so that takes me to New England and turkeys.

Hiw did I do?
🍗
It's "Ingalls". Charles Ingalls. Anyway, it isn't worth belaboring, so let's move on.

Where were we... :hmm: - Oh yeah, so you made a point about children's books. What else, why'd you bring it up? You could also describe:

How children's books have influenced you in your childhood.
How they relate to you today.
Your desire to write and distribute one, or perhaps a series.
The types of content or themes you might use.
Whether you prefer paperback versions, or classic hard covers (early ones were cloth-covered cardboard).
Your general thoughts and opinions about children's books, etc.

I would encourage you to continue. There's a lot more you could say, so I don't think you're finished with your thread yet.

BTW, have you ever read "Harold And The Purple Crayon"? I think you should, it's a really fun book.

AtomicRob

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with the central premise of this thread... as a parent of a young child who reads a lot of books, I'd say anyone might think they can write a children's book but therein lies the problem...

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with the central premise of this thread... as a parent of a young child who reads a lot of books, I'd say anyone might think they can write a children's book but therein lies the problem...

Thats why every man and his dog has written one. The kids are illiterate, so are the parents in a lot of cases.

The only thing that sells the book is the pitchers!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
It's "Ingalls". Charles Ingalls. Anyway, it isn't worth belaboring, so let's move on.

Where were we... :hmm: - Oh yeah, so you made a point about children's books. What else, why'd you bring it up? You could also describe:

How children's books have influenced you in your childhood.
How they relate to you today.
Your desire to write and distribute one, or perhaps a series.
The types of content or themes you might use.
Whether you prefer paperback versions, or classic hard covers (early ones were cloth-covered cardboard).
Your general thoughts and opinions about children's books, etc.

I would encourage you to continue. There's a lot more you could say, so I don't think you're finished with your thread yet.

BTW, have you ever read "Harold And The Purple Crayon"? I think you should, it's a really fun book.

Childrens books of today are divisive.

In relation to Ingles or Engles. I dont care!
If a person is going to be cast for a wholesome role like that, at least check that he doesnt have a skeleton in his closet..

Last edited: