Anyone ever get pissed with their axe?

• Thread starter Jack92CH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
my strat neck drives me nuts after playing my "ball bat"LP neck for days. i need a jackson strat.

Rahlstin

Reaction score
I got mad at my strat once. I banged the center of the guitar with my fist and the middle pickup stopped working......

drewz120

Reaction score
I got a Gilmour Strat and loved it but since I got a custom shop LP I cant seem to pick it up that much anymore. I want to but just dont seem to go for it.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Has anyone ever looked forward to getting a certain guitar, gotten it, loved it because you wanted it so much, and about a year later you're sitting there looking at it like you would a dog who just shat on your carpet?

There's something about my SG that's driving me god damn crazy right now. It might be the huge '50s neck, because the slim neck on my old Flying V still feels and plays like a dream...better than my SG ever has since I've gotten it.
I know its not the guitar, it's my hands, my damned, prejudiced hands.

Anyone else have this sort of issue?

Parker Nitefly.

You can reshape the neck on the SG. pretty simple to do.

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. Mainly I've been trying to find the right axe for the right amp.

dymlos

Reaction score
man i got a gretsch 5120 i love the guitar it feels right plays great and sounds great THROUGH MY FENDER amp. since i replaced the fender for a marshall jcm 900 ive tried to play the gretsch but the feed back is a killer on stage or in the house.

Rahlstin

Reaction score
Ive always wanated an Gibson Explorer so I finally bought one here this fall, wanted the natural look, there wasnt many available around up here in that finish but we found a 2007 build, got it, seemed ok in the store ect. After a few months of trying to learn how to play it as the neck position is lot different than anything else I have, I found the stk pickups were just nasty sounding (500T and 496R) so I pulled them out and put in set of EMGs 81/81. I liked the 81 in the Neck but not the bridge so I put a 85 in the bridge which was alot better but the sound still inst right so I modded the emgs to 18v which made a big change but still not right so now Im thinking of non active options again. The neck looks good, no obvious problems other than the nut was very high, had that replaced with a bone nut but its still a real bitch to get the strings low enough to be comfortable to play. (on my LP Custom the stings are right on the deck and you can play em without hardly even touching them and no string buzz. I guess im spoiled by that) Anyways, I find it a real pain in the ass to play. Looks incredible, but man, Im pretty dissapointed. Not ready to sacrifice it to the ebay Gods quite yet but getting close.

Jack92CH

Reaction score
I'm starting to get thoughts of trading my SG for a nice strat. If I were to get another SG it would be the '61 reissue, but I can't justify spending $2,000 on a piece of wood. It might be good to start jamming with single coils again anyway.

Ascension

Reaction score
Yup when the weather changes suddenly here in the South and I grab one that I played just a few days before take it to a gig then pull it out of the case and find out the neck has moved. It's ether fretting out at the bottom or has big time high action in the middle due to the relief being off and it drives me bats! But hey this is what you get living in the deep south and being a guitar player!

IronMaidenNutter

Reaction score
I love my dads old Fender Strat but i hate playing it. The necks way too thin and i just cant get a good feel out of it. Its a beauty of a guitar though and it wont be sold because its a family thing.

newbies

Reaction score
never had that problem with guitars, amps though..... the hughes and kettner puretone never gave me the crunch i needed, the rockerverb was really cool but too smooth not enough in your face full out grunt & pedals dont get me started on some of the pedals I have owned.... lol

Skotosynthesis

Reaction score
I get pissed b/c my frets are flattened out and some of my bends die mid-bend. That's my fault, though, for playing it so much and being too broke to get it refurbished. I love that guitar. One time I had a girlfriend that would get drunk and coked up and beat the shit out of me. I don't hit women unless they're literally trying to kill me, so I put up with it just b/c she was so hot. But one night, she chunked my Stratocaster from across the room directly at my head. I ducked, but the Strat took a chunk out of the sheet-rock and left a chip in the poplar body, right on the top of the tail. That's when I told her to hit the road. Not because she threw my guitar at me, but because she threw my guitar...